Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm applying for a partner visa 820. I'm wondering if in my statement I need to demonstrate interest and intent to live in Australia long-term? I'm Canadian, my partner is Australian. We plan to stay in Australia for the next few years before moving to Canada, which is why I'm applying for this visa as I do not want to move back to Canada without my partner. In my statement, I have said that we haven't decided where we will settle long-term, but that I want to stay in Australia for the time being to be with my partner. I am also applying in order for us to have flexibility to decide where we want to settle in the future (but I'm not saying this in my application). Thank you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't speak for how it'll affect your application, but I used to have AUS permanent residence and lost it because my parents moved back to Canada with me before I was old enough to move out. So expect to lose any status you don't use, except for citizenship.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Well, there are requirements as a permanent resident to be able to get resident return visas. Permanent residency itself only comes with a 5 year travel facility, meaning you can leave and reenter Oz as often as you like in those 5 years. After that, your PR doesn't grant you entry to Oz. You need to apply for and be granted an RRV to be able to enter Oz.

You can read about the RRV on the immigration website and get an idea of what's required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.