Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a certain answer for below?

If I apply 189 visa with my partner, for whatever reason, she cannot meet the visa requirements and got rejected. Will it affect my visa application (assuming I met all the requirements).

Can I be granted the PR while my partner got refused?
Does the officer treat different applicants like a different application (do not affect each other no matter the outcome)?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts

If I apply 189 visa with my partner, for whatever reason, she cannot meet the visa requirements and got rejected. Will it affect my visa application (assuming I met all the requirements).

Does the officer treat different applicants like a different application (do not affect each other no matter the outcome)?
Depends on the reason for the refusal.

For one example if any applicant fails on medical grounds, all applicants are refused visas -one fails, all fail.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts

Depends on the reason for the refusal.

For one example if any applicant fails on medical grounds, all applicants are refused visas - one fails, all fail.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
It would depend on the reason she doesn't meet the requirements.

If she fails the health check, then your application would be refused.
If she doesn't meet the criteria to be considered your partner, you are usually given the opportunity to remove her from your application so your visa can be granted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.