Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an Australian citizen and my American partner is currently applying for a Partner Visa to Australia. She has lived with me for over the last 12 months.

I have a question that I have received conflicting information over. After she submits the 47SP online, will we be able to pay the fee and receive the Bridging Visa straight away? Or will we also need to submit the 40SP, and all of the evidence, before we can pay and receive the Bridging Visa? The timing here is important, as her student visa expires in January.

Thanks!

· Registered
6,928 Posts
Well beware possible new change/s

Normally once the applicant "pays" the emails for lodgement and Bridging Visa A are sent often within moments.

Sometimes the Bridging visa lags a few days - but it is valid from time the applicant submitted - so not really an issues.

January is far, so what is your timing important issue?

· Registered
49 Posts

Normally once the applicant "pays" the emails for lodgement and Bridging Visa A are sent often within moments.

Sometimes the Bridging visa lags a few days - but it is valid from time the applicant submitted - so not really an issues.

My ETA expires on June 9th. My partner and I are going to pay and submit our 820 Visa this upcoming week, most likely on Wednesday the 31st... So, you are saying that, even if we don't receive the Bridging Visa A e-mail by the 9th, I am still "safe" and legitmate and not over-staying? Thanks for your help!

· Registered
6,928 Posts
I would not recommend a date with no tolerance - IMMI website is not stable.

But if you get to the payment section and make a "credit card" payment (not Bpay or other).

Yes It will be from time of "submit" of payment.

Yours seems fine.- if using credit card not Bpay.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for your response. In regards to timing, we have been told that it can take many months to collect together all of the evidence. But you're right, January is still a fair way off, especially compared to the deadlines that some people are facing.

Just to clarify, are you able to pay as soon as you have submitted the online 47SP, or do you only get a chance to pay once you have submitted the 47SP, 40SP and all of the other evidence?

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Thanks for your response. In regards to timing, we have been told that it can take many months to collect together all of the evidence. But you're right, January is still a fair way off, especially compared to the deadlines that some people are facing.

Just to clarify, are you able to pay as soon as you have submitted the online 47SP, or do you only get a chance to pay once you have submitted the 47SP, 40SP and all of the other evidence?
You get to the end of the online application and you have to pay before it allows you to submit it. After that, it opens you to an upload section to add evidence documents. The applicant must pay and submit their application before the sponsor can complete theirs.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You get to the end of the online application and you have to pay before it allows you to submit it. After that, it opens you to an upload section to add evidence documents. The applicant must pay and submit their application before the sponsor can complete theirs.
Thanks a lot. The information on the government website was ambiguous on this point (at least to me), so your answer has really cleared it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.