Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
This is partly motivated by the anxiety and stress I'm feeling as my wife and I wait for our 820, but also by an interest in the discussion! So, folks who've gone through the process of getting any kind of visa, are going through the process, migration agents, do you think that the way visas are assessed is fair? Do you think that the case for each visa, no matter the kind, is assessed with genuine willingness to be convinced of it's merit? This is the government we're talking about, the soulless embodiment of a checklist, where minor mistakes cannot be interpreted and are grounds for rejection of whatever application you're submitting; but in the case of visas it's also made of humans who are reading and examining things, and who hopefully want the best for people who are trying their best.

That being said, I read a while ago that the rejection rate for partner visas is close to 50%, yet I doubt that half of all visa applicants are illegitimate, which means that somewhere in there, genuine people with real relationships are being denied. What do you think causes this? People who submit their applications with no more than a few photos and a lease? People who just don't meet the criteria, i.e. people who have no evidence they've ever lived together or shared assets, and can't explain why? Or is the system just unfair, and people who submit leases and bank statements and photos and Form 888's and explanations are denied because they made a small error, or some minor details don't line up?

What do you think?
I would imagine most of the refusals are from lack of evidence/completed requirements, not small little mistakes. Also, those who gave up or their relationships had dissolved during the visa process.

In my experience, we gave as much evidence as we could and didn't have any issues/pushback with anything, only the generic requests for updated police checks, medicals, etc.

I think the main thing that struck me as unfair was the allocation process of reviewing visas - It ended up taking 2.5 years for my 820/801 to be approved, and yet I was seeing heaps of people on here applying a year later than I did and getting approved much quicker. It seemed dependant on when you applied and then your visa was allocated to a specific branch - yet newer applications were being processed faster at other branches. Very frustrating.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.