Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my wife and kids were granted a family visa subclass SI 189.
But the Visa Grant Letter that was issued to us had the wrong date of Birth of my 5 month old son. We requested a correction in the date of birth and a new grant letter with the corrected date of birth was issued to us with an email saying:
"Thank you for your email. The applicant’s details have been updated and an updated grant notification is attached."
But after 5 days, VEVO is still not identifying my son's passport with the correct date of birth as per passport and it is still identifying it with the wrong date of birth. My questions are:
Will this pose any problem for me in terms of traveling? Is there a chance that the airport staff will not let me through?
Is VEVO for visa holders' personal reference or does the airport staff also uses it to verify the visa?
Please let me know because my deadline for entering Australia is close and I need to be sure I won't have a problem and whether or not I need to fix this before traveling.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
I would try to contact them again to have them update the VEVO system. But as long as you have the grant notice (along with the email communication requesting the change and their response) and his passport when you travel, I think you should be able to answer any questions you may have upon arrival.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Which airport are you talking about? If it Pakistan I highly doubt that they use VEVO or connect with an Australian server. Just that when my husband came here he was asked for a copy of his visa grant at both Cairo and Dubai airports. If they had access to check for the visa they would not be asking him for a copy of his grant.

In regards to incorrect DOB try contacting the case officer again and see how you go. Otherwise carry a copy of the grant with you and when you arrive in Australia fill in a 929 form and send it off (I don't think you can send it to the overseas processing centres, but could be wrong).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am talking about Pakistani airport. If they don't use VEVO, how do they verify the visa then? The grant letter is a simple print out that anyone can fake. There has to be a way that they verify it with??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.