Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a couple of random questions to assist with spouse visa 100/306application (applying abroad):

I am Australian (the sponsor) living in UAE. My Husband (British - the Applicant) is living here with me.

1. As the sponsor I have to produce birth certificate, passport and stat dec/statement. Is it acceptable for me to have the above documents certified by an Australia JP also living here in Dubai? or does this only apply if JP etc is residing in Australia? would I be better off visiting the consulate for this purpose?

2. As the applicant my British husband will need to have his statement (stat dec n/a as not Australian) certified in addition to his passport copy also and a statement in relation to his birth and parents (he is adopted and doesnt have birth certificate). Will he be able to have a British JP/doctor or someone from a similar qualification on Australian Stat Dec list certify his documents or will be have to visit his British Consulate/embassy? or silly question, but can the Australian JP certify his 'British' documents?

3. Does it matter if my statement/stat dec is typed as opposed to hand written?

Thank you!

·
Registered
55 Posts
An Australian JP can certify a document any where in the world.
If the JP is Queensland JP he can do Qld and Commonwealth documents.
But there are limits to the use of that document.
Australian JP'S have no authority to process international documents.
It is up to the receiver of the australian certified document as to whether they will accept an austrlain JP as the ceritfier.
A Notory Public is usually used for international documents but they charge a fee where a JP cannot.
Usually an embassey in a foreign country will only accept certifed documents done by the australian embassy in that country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.