Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I lodged my application last year on august 31st 2010 and finally today i got a letter (by mail) from my CO ( i didnt even know that i have a CO), they were requesting documentary evidence showing that me and my partner currently living together as well as evidence of the couple's current income and AFP. they said if the information supplied is deemed sufficient an interview may not required. ( i hope thats a good news)

I am a bit worry about AFP. Its written on their website that it will takes 15 business days from the date they received the applications.
IMMI requesting to receive all the additional documents within 28 days. The letter dated on the 3 of June (yet i just received the letter today), meaning i have to be able to submit everything on 1st of July at the latest. There are not much time at all. Is there any way to speed up the AFP processing time? Otherwise i guess i just going to have to call my CO and tell him about it.

Also with my partner current income. He just made redundant (pretty much 90% of the employee in that company got made redundant) a week ago on monday, but started a new job 2 days ago) so technically, he was only been jobless for 4 business days. He haven't get his first pay slip from his current job but he does have a copy of the new job contract.Should i lodge the contract from his current job or should i just lodge his pay slip for the last 4 weeks from his last job?

and Does anyone here being asked the same documents before (read. documentary evidence showing you currently living together)?

Based on the key word "current" i am guessing they wanted to see if me and my partner still live together. Probably because its been more than 9 months since we lodged our application.

My question is how far back do I have to go? I have some letters for my self coming to this house (no bills as i am not allowed to work in australia so basically just letter from an online shop or church) but they didn't cover the whole 9 months. Would that be a problem? and do i have to lodge any documents from the time before i lodge my application to IMMI.
Also, Us and my partner's father renting the house but all the bills coming on his name because he lives in this house a lot longer than we are; therefore, my partner doesn't really have much letters coming on his name too. Probably just a letter from bank about our bank account or his tax refund statement. Would that be enough evidence?

Sorry for the long post, just thought i will look for some advices before i submit everything. Any advices will be highly appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am a bit worry about AFP. Its written on their website that it will takes 15 business days from the date they received the applications.
IMMI requesting to receive all the additional documents within 28 days. The letter dated on the 3 of June (yet i just received the letter today), meaning i have to be able to submit everything on 1st of July at the latest. There are not much time at all. Is there any way to speed up the AFP processing time? Otherwise i guess i just going to have to call my CO and tell him about it.

Hello! You don't have to worry about the AFP because it will only takes 8-10 days (not business days). If your documents wont be ready by the given timeframe you just call the immi office asking for extension, they will just ask you the reason for the delayed and they will tell you what to do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! You don't have to worry about the AFP because it will only takes 8-10 days (not business days). If your documents wont be ready by the given timeframe you just call the immi office asking for extension, they will just ask you the reason for the delayed and they will tell you what to do.
Hey Ricka, thanks for the info. I was just worried about the time frame because i am coming from a high risk country. I don't know whether or not it is going to effect the processing time. Hopefully not! Fingers crossed. Otherwise, I am going to call my CO tomorrow to update him with the current situation (for some reason it stated that i can only call him on mon, tues, thur and friday).

thanks again

cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Ricka, thanks for the info. I was just worried about the time frame because i am coming from a high risk country. I don't know whether or not it is going to effect the processing time. Hopefully not! Fingers crossed. Otherwise, I am going to call my CO tomorrow to update him with the current situation (for some reason it stated that i can only call him on mon, tues, thur and friday).

thanks again

cheers
No worries! If your papers will be delayed then the processing will be delayed too but nothing is to be worried when you are genuine. Keep updating your CO.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Guys, this application is takeing waaaaaaay so long to even get to this point.
The standard for processing back then was only 3 months.

What county did you apply from?

You don't seem overly concerned by this, are you apart from your partner all this time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hey Ricka, exactly, i got nothing to worry about in regards to the AFP. I just want to get everything done already, its been too long.

Hey turboadam, i am applying onshore in Melbourne! i wish i was applying offshore, 2 of my friends who applied offshore in my country got their visa within 2 - 3 months.
I've been living with my partner since august 2008 but i was holding a tourist visa that required me to leave the country every 3 months plus I was still in the university back then so i did have a commitment with my university ( i did explain to them about it) but from 2008 - 2010 i've probably traveled to australia for more than 10 times and my partner traveled to my country twice already. and there is one period where i stayed in australia with my partner for more than 6 months almost non stop ( i left the country for a few days and come back in then also i got given a permit to stay longer in australia once (more than 3 months )) then after that 6 months my partner flew with me to my country for my graduation for a week. That should show how serious we are! Plus we already set up 2 joint accounts on december 2008. And after we lodged our application, i've been away for a short term twice (2 weeks travel) on bridging visa B. That is because my mom was ill and still ill. Obviously my partner needs to work so he couldn't come with me.

whats your case? did you get your visa?

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.