Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a simple question (I think) about the visa application following on from being on a Prospective Marriage Visa (300)

Since all of the documentation and proofs were supplied in the PMV application initially, do we have to supply all of them again for the next application? Or is it mainly necessary to supply the new information such as wedding certificates etc..

I'm guessing I do have to supply it all again. I'm then wondering, do certified copies expire over time? Or is it fine so long as the document in question is still the same and still valid, even if the copy was certified a year or more before? (I would imagine it's fine)

Also, for the second application, a Police check and translation will be necessary again right?

Thank you so much for your time :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You should supply relationship evidence for the period between the 300 and 820, including the marriage certificate. You'll still need to upload the required documents (identification, new F888s, etc). If applying online, the DIBP website says to NOT certify documents (certifying is for mail apps only as you are not going to send originals) as they prefer to see a scanned color copy of the original document. No, you do not need to do new police checks or medicals unless specifically requested to do so by a CO. (We were not asked to.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should supply relationship evidence for the period between the 300 and 820, including the marriage certificate. You'll still need to upload the required documents (identification, new F888s, etc). If applying online, the DIBP website says to NOT certify documents (certifying is for mail apps only as you are not going to send originals) as they prefer to see a scanned color copy of the original document. No, you do not need to do new police checks or medicals unless specifically requested to do so by a CO. (We were not asked to.)
Thank you!

I will supply all evidence etc between those time periods for sure.

That's interesting about the certified copies.. We applied online for the PMV initially and used all certified copies because it seemed that's what they asked for. There was no provision for "if applying online, provide scans of originals" I guess it's a hold over from when it was all via post. It makes no sense to have copies of certified copies when you could just show the original haha.

And again, I guess it's all about the validity of the document, as in dates valid, so it doesn't matter if it was scanned in two years ago if the document is still unchanged and valid, right? (basically, I can re use most of the info from the first visa application "phew")

It's good to know thank you.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thank you!

I will supply all evidence etc between those time periods for sure.

That's interesting about the certified copies.. We applied online for the PMV initially and used all certified copies because it seemed that's what they asked for. There was no provision for "if applying online, provide scans of originals" I guess it's a hold over from when it was all via post. It makes no sense to have copies of certified copies when you could just show the original haha.

And again, I guess it's all about the validity of the document, as in dates valid, so it doesn't matter if it was scanned in two years ago if the document is still unchanged and valid, right? (basically, I can re use most of the info from the first visa application "phew")

It's good to know thank you.
If you look under partner visas on the DIBP website, it says you do not have to upload certified copies when applying online. And yes, as you suspect the most common checklist and I believe in the partner migration booklet as well, they just copied information over from paper applications. Once people realize that, it only takes a bit of common sense to adjust how to follow those instructions. Two obvious examples: 1) Checklist says you need 4 passport sized photos. If applying online, you only need to upload one because they have a digital copy and can obviously duplicate it, and 2) The checklist says you must send in the original police checks and certified copies of everything else. Why? Because they keep everything you send so you wouldn't mail in your passport, birth certificate, court papers, lease, etc. So when applying online, one can deduce that uploading originals is what to do as certified copies are only for apps made by post. Same with police checks... you don't mail originals in when applying online, you just upload a scanned copy.

Scanned copies of originals need to be clear and in color.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa...nt-checklist?tab=1&heading=document-checklist

Scroll down to "2: Gather Documents" then under "Prepare your documents" select "If you are applying online."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Skybluebrewer! I really appreciate it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.