Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am planning to apply for the Skilled Independent Visa under subclass 189 end of July 2013 - (after my IELTS on 27th).

As I am adding my husband as dependent, is he also required to take an IELTS exam - If yes, what is the minimum score required?
For the applicant i.e Me - I know its atleast 7 in all modules

I checked a lot of sires..but the requirement for an IELTS and a score for dependent was not clear.

Thank you

· Registered
12 Posts
Dear All,

I am planning to apply for the Skilled Independent Visa under subclass 189 end of July 2013 - (after my IELTS on 27th).

As I am adding my husband as dependent, is he also required to take an IELTS exam - If yes, what is the minimum score required?
For the applicant i.e Me - I know its atleast 7 in all modules

I checked a lot of sires..but the requirement for an IELTS and a score for dependent was not clear.

Thank you
I suggest you to ask your agency about it. Why not visit the official website of Australia's immigration department? immi[dot]gov[dot]au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

· Registered
10 Posts
It's ridiculous to make candidates take the test, then I realized it's a money making machine, you see governments and companies are the same, they look to get money out of peoples pocket even when they don't need to.

· Registered
509 Posts
Secondary applicants over the age of 18 that are not exempt, need to show a functional level of English Language or they are liable to pay a second instalment fee of $4,885 AUD.

There's a number of ways to show this level, including providing an IELTS test result of over 4.5

· Registered
4 Posts
Secondary applicants over the age of 18 that are not exempt, need to show a functional level of English Language or they are liable to pay a second instalment fee of $4,885 AUD.

There's a number of ways to show this level, including providing an IELTS test result of over 4.5
Dear Adam Grey,

Thanks for the clarification. Since my wife is already a Masters Degree Holder in Business Administration, so can her educational certificates suffice or still she needs to go for the IELTs exam.

· Registered
4 Posts
It depends upon proving the length of study (at least 5 years tertiary) and whether all the instruction was delivered in English. Sometimes it's just easier to undertake the IELTS.
Dear Adam,

It is 5 years and course was delivered in English.
Btw still thanks, I will also prefer for IELTs rather than going around; plus 4.5 is nothing compared to 7 for the actual applicant..:D
Thanks and really appreciated... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.