Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question... mentioned in the title....

I've been accepted a job offer back in Aus and maybe we might not have enough supporting information (lack of joint bank accounts to be one of them) and we`ve only been married 1year nine months.... The job offer came out of the blue (they want my skill set)... and they want me there in february..... scambling to get everything done, and don't want to waste 7k AUD, in a failed application.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The only affect it has is it's one more peice of evidence. It shows you are accepted by a government or organisation as being in a defacto relationship.

A joint bank account is not a requirement all be it useful. You just need to be able to prove financial commitment. Joint purchases like a car house or fridge and washing machine for instance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We applied for a spouse visa in July and have only been married 6 months.

We had all the evidence of marriage and living together, travel, photos with friends and family etc... but we don't have any evidence of joint finances.
I also was worried since, we dont have joint bank accounts, we dont own alot (ie no car or house). when we share money its done with cash since it costs money to use internet banking transfers.
I just explained that in the appliaction.

I have a friend in Japan who has been married for over 5 years and has a house yet the house documents are all under his wife (Japanese) name because they could access cheaper loan rates if it was only under her name.

I assume many applications from Japan are similar.

Last month they asked us for additional information but nothing related to the finances, so fingers crossed.

Aaron

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the replies, a previous Australian Employer contacted me out of the blue for my skill set.. wondering if I would be up for a return to Aus..... I have a job offer, and not sure if it matters a house in Aus too.

We don't have a financial history in Japan (Apartment is hers, all bills from her accounts) I have been hit with paying 6 years of Nenkin (Japanese pension) that my previous (4 years) employer failed to mention, so Ive been paying a lot of Tax..... as you should.

My wife spent 1 month in Aus with my parents ( I stayed back in Tokyo teaching English and paying Nenkin)

I just hope that all is taken into consideration.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.