Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell Every one!

I have been invited for 189 visa last week. I have this thing in my mind which is really hampering me that large proportion of my experience is based on a statutory declaration from my supervisor due to the policies of employer (also current employer). I was wondering that whether Immigration department will contact my employer even in case of a statutory declaration? because if they do, me and my supervisor may lose their jobs as organization is very strict on policies. This could lead to pretty bad situation for us especially in case of my supervisor as he vouched for me out of sheer courtesy.

What can be done to avoid such situation? Can I request immigration department not to contact my employer? How would it impact on my application?

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
DIBP can and occasionally do contact employers to verify information. I don't know whether you can specifically request they not do this - it may raise questions in their minds about whether the stat. dec. is legitimate, or they may simply decide that verification isn't required. Perhaps contact a migration agent to get further guidance on how to proceed.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
I don't know how that would be possible, since they'd be contacting to find out if YOU worked for them for the period of time stated and in the position stated.

I don't know how often DIBP contact employers. It may not be often, but I have heard that it does happen so you can't rule it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how that would be possible, since they'd be contacting to find out if YOU worked for them for the period of time stated and in the position stated.

I don't know how often DIBP contact employers. It may not be often, but I have heard that it does happen so you can't rule it out.
I dont have any objection even if they contact my employer. I was wondering that whether they could just hide their identity while contacting my employer and sorting out my information because my employer has very strict policies on such issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.