Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The statements about my relationship require to answer how my relationship develop?, Does this refer of how my relationship with my girlfriend started or how it has been since we met until this day?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
My partner an I met at x
We decided to do x together
We started dating on x date
We went on holiday to abc on xyz dates
We fell In love and commited to each other on x date
We moved in together on x date
We married on x date (if applicable not essential)
We have done x since then

The more info the better but those are some ideas on how your relationship will potentially have developed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi, does the statement of the relationship needs to be handwritten or it is okay to typed?. Thanks :)
Either is fine, but as partner visa applications are done online primarily now typed is typical.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Sheilae,

If we fill up the boxes do we still need to provide statement in the attachments?
Good question! This is exactly what I'm wondering. I've posted a thread about it but had no answers so far. The statement will repeat a lot of what I've already answered in the boxes. But I've decided to do it anyway to be safe.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good question! This is exactly what I'm wondering. I've posted a thread about it but had no answers so far. The statement will repeat a lot of what I've already answered in the boxes. But I've decided to do it anyway to be safe.
So it depends on you. I had long statements and edited them down to the boxes, with the last line being "In the attached documents I have included evidence to support the above statement" and then for each of the boxes I have a pdf with photos or bills or whatever to fulfil each category. The first page of each PDF is a 'cover letter' of what the file contains and notes which bits of the statement that photo or whatever is evidence of.

People seem to do it a number if different ways, so I don't think there is a "wrong" way (apart from not having a statement at all/providing any evidence to back it up), but I imagine a CO would appreciate you being concise and to the point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So it depends on you. I had long statements and edited them down to the boxes, with the last line being "In the attached documents I have included evidence to support the above statement" and then for each of the boxes I have a pdf with photos or bills or whatever to fulfil each category. The first page of each PDF is a 'cover letter' of what the file contains and notes which bits of the statement that photo or whatever is evidence of.

People seem to do it a number if different ways, so I don't think there is a "wrong" way (apart from not having a statement at all/providing any evidence to back it up), but I imagine a CO would appreciate you being concise and to the point.
Thank you, this is excellent advice. I have done a visa for the U.K before and it was a lot more specific in the checklist about what was needed so I think I find this free styling a bit daunting. I like the way you did it and I'm going to use that!

So, just to clarify, it sounds like you did include a signed and dated declaration/statement from yourself and your partner (which you attached to the application) as well as filling out the boxes? Many thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you, this is excellent advice. I have done a visa for the U.K before and it was a lot more specific in the checklist about what was needed so I think I find this free styling a bit daunting. I like the way you did it and I'm going to use that!

So, just to clarify, it sounds like you did include a signed and dated declaration/statement from yourself and your partner (which you attached to the application) as well as filling out the boxes? Many thanks.
No, we haven't signed and dated them as our statements fit within the boxes. I don't think the additional evidence files need a signature since it's not new information, just evidence of what we've said already. That being said I'm sure signing and dating them wouldn't hurt!

Reactions: Peaches99
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.