Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubts regarding PMV(300)

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Skybluebrewer 
#1 ·
Hi,
I applied for PMV (300) in Dec 2017 from India. After lodging the file I applied for 600 and been grated in march 2018.

we were planning to get married after granting of PMV but instead we got married in july 2018 (before the grant of my PMV while I am still on my 600).

My 600 is about to get expired and now I don't know what should I do? Should I withdraw my application or they will consider this application for 309/100 automatically ( I uploaded marriage certificate on my immiaccount)?
Please help.

#6 ·
Yes, so now I suggest you seek advice from one.
You have put yourself in bad position for your PMV application, as the criteria for PMV clearly states:

"You and your prospective spouse must:
  • know and have met each other in person since both turning 18
  • not be related
  • intend to marry within nine months of the visa being granted
  • intend to live as spouses after you are married.
  • not be married to anyone when a decision is made on your visa application."

#8 ·
You'll be fine if you hurry up and follow the instructions.

There's a section about marrying before the 300 grant. Make sure you give them a letter requesting to withdraw the app and be considered for the 309/100. Keep in mind that you'll now need to meet the requirements of that visa.
I already attach pdf requesting that I want withdraw 300 and changing to 309/100. But do I have to go back when my 600 ends? or I can apply for bridging visa?

#9 · (Edited)
I think there's two parts to this. Hence, why I think you get some advice from an RMA.

1. What's your 600 visa conditions? If there's no further stay condition then yes, you'd have to leave. If there isn't, you may extend.

2. 309 criteria:
  • You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when a decision is made on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309).

So in theory yes. You'd have to leave... at least when decision is made.

Again, I'm only quoting what's on the DIBP website. I think you need professional advice, to make sure you have all the correct details and make the correct move. It's a lot of money for this Visa.

#11 ·
Not unless you apply onshore for a visa that can be granted onshore, in which case a bridging visa would be granted autocratically.
Hi wrussell, correct me if I am wrong. (I'm curious).
If in this particular scenario, PMV is withdrawn and switched to an onshore visa while still on the VisitorVisa600, application fee for PMV is considered lost?

Thanks in advance.

#12 ·
Only way to get a bridging visa is to apply onshore for the 820/801, which means starting over and paying the fee all over again. That's assuming your visa doesn't have a NFS condition attached. Offshore partner visas (300 and 309/100) don't come with bridging visas as they're offshore applications.

You can't change the 300 to an 820/801, only to the 309/100.

#13 ·
Thank you all for replies.

My 600 ends in a month and there is no "No Further Stay" but I cannot work in Aus. So I guess it is better to go back home and wait for 309.

one more thing I have in my mind is - time for processing. I applied for PMV on dec 2017 and got married on July 2018. So processing time for 309 will be counted from Dec 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.