Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I don't understand your question. You say your son has gotten citizenship by descent, and if his country of birth allows dual citizenship he should now have this. But he'd need to check with his country of birth what they allow.

If you're asking about dual citizenship for yourself, then you'd need to apply for a PR visa if you are eligible for one, and then meet the criteria for citizenship such as the residency requirement of living 4 years in Australia including 1 year on PR visa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i born here in phil in he is granted for citizenship for aus citi descent my question is i get passport australian my son then we will visit australia coz my son no visa then me only mulitiple visa not yet cutizenship so if we visit australia even he is ciuizenship by descent approve he can go home with me in phil coz im responsible parent cozni want he will study here phil even he is approve

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im not sure what your concern is? If your son was born in the Philippines to a Filipino Citizen then just get him a Philippines Passport.
Then he can enter Australia on his Australian Passport and enter the Philippines on his Philippines Passport.

In saying that i do believe the Philippines has a rule that once a citizen has required citizenship in another country they lose Filipino Citizenship however you can reaquire Filipino Citizenship by filling out a form and paying a fee therefore becoming a dual citizen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my concern is my son granted aistralian citizenship by descent then he can go get passport australian then we will visit in australia only even he is australian cittizenship by descent coz km responsible parent im just only multiple visa then i want to go back again here coz he is still schooling here in phil my concern is can i get my son dual citizenship then even already australian by descent

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I think Sammy has answered this question. Australia will allow him to have multiple citizenships, so you need to look into what's required for the Philippines to allow him to maintain his Filipino citizenship.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If your son was granted citizenship by descent then he is an Australian citizen. He either has or will have an Australian passport.

When you both come to Australia he will enter on his Australian passport and you on yours from the Philippines, you doing so with a visitor visa.

That's what I've gathered so far.

Now, I believe you're asking if your son, now an Australian citizen with an Australian passport can return to the Philippines with you at the end of your holiday? Is that right?

From what I understand, people from the Philippines once granted a citizenship from another country would then surrender their citizenship/passport from the Philippines.

www.immigration.gov.ph/services/cit...-retention-re-acquisition-of-phil-citizenship

From my understanding your son would need to apply to re-acquire his Philippine citizenship. That link should help you.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I am not sure about the Philippines but other countries allow children (up to an age) to hold dual citizenship, after that age is reached they must decide what citizenship they wish to hold.

For your son to travel out of Australia you may need the permission of the father to allow the travel out of the country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i get australian passport my son then if we visit me in my son in australia i worries coz mybe he is australian by descent australia gover not allowed to comeback with me coz i want he still school here in phil then my visa only is multiple visa then i am reaponsible parent i ask to get dual citizinship

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
You will not qualify for dual citizenship - your son will.

You would need to obtain a Permanent Resident Visa and meet the qualifying requirements to apply for citizenship.

There maybe a restriction on you departing Australia with your son, as generally both parents need to give consent for the child to travel overseas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i get my son only dual cutizenship i ask immigration bout this coz i want if we visit aus to the father of my son i want to comeback again with my son coz i am reaponsible mother then he is school here in phil yes soon i get permanent also

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
When you apply for your sons Australian passport, his father must fill out a section.

I do not recall if in this section - they agree for travel with a single parent or not.??

But I do know that there is restrictions on children travelling with only one parent, I have travelled many times with kids as a single parent and never been questioned - so I expect it is in the passport application stage.

If the father gives consent for travel there are no issues - regardless for how long or for what reasons travel is required.

It seems the father would give such consent, so you should not have much to worry about for your son.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes coz my husbd get my son australian citizenship for his future but said soon he get me also permanent then me also i want even he is australian citiz by descent i like he school here with me in philippines with me as a responsible mother coz he is 4years old yes my husbd will like stayed my son to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.