Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am in a bit of a dilema.
I came here on an electronic visa (e Visa 651) from Europe and have been in and out of the country twice before the end of the three months period.

Just recently I flew to Asia in March and returned with no questions asked. I realised that as of today 7th July, I have stayed over 3 months! Now freaking out as I think I am 2 weeks over my allotted time of 3 months :confused:

Has anyone been through this? What options do I have? Someone suggested that I might automatically be on a Bridging Visa A as I didn't fly out after the 3 months. Is this true?

I was looking at extending my stay by getting a student visa for some Tafe course after my E Visa 651 but now in a dilemma with this new scenario

Any ideas? Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You'd only go onto a BVA if you have another visa application in process. If you haven't lodged another visa application, then you are in Australia illegally.

I'd suggest you immediately contact a registered migration agent to see what options you may have. But likely your only option would be to report to DIBP - they may issue you a BVE in order to give you a couple of days to arrange your departure from Australia. If you have overstayed your visitor visa, you would be banned for 3 years from applying for any temporary visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.