Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for an e600 visa after I had spoked to immigration and they had told me this would be the best way for me to stay in Australia for 3 weeks. The back story is that my working holiday visa runs out in October and I wanted to stay an extra 3 weeks because I have 2 friends weddings to attend with my boyfriend and then we are going travelling before moving back to the UK. Like I said - immigration told me applying for the e600 visitor visa was the best option for me stating that I was going to the weddings. However, my application was refused for absolutely no reason! And to appeal it would cost $1600!

So I have decided to leave the country and apply for a tourist visa whilst out the country for an additional two weeks. Will this definitely work? Is there any other way I can appeal the decision? Also it cost close to $400 for the visitor visa! I feel robbed to be honest!

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Becci;601977! So I have decided to leave the country and apply for a tourist visa whilst out the country for an additional two weeks. Will this definitely work? Is there any other way I can appeal the decision? Also it cost close to $400 for the visitor visa! I feel robbed to be honest![/QUOTE said:
It is very rare to be granted a visitor visa after a WHV. It was bad advise to tell you that you should apply for tourist visa while in Australia.

As for applying offshore, there is never a guarantee that a visa application will be approved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.