Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, I've applied on the 27th of November 2017 me and my mother to a E600 tourist visa after 14 days my mum got granted .... and up till now I didn't receive anything for me.
... it's written on my application under assessment.

@Mish I need ur opinion ... we applied on the same day ... does that mean I am rejected ?!!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It means that they are still looking at yours. It is not unheard of for one to be granted weeks before the other. Unfortunately, there is no way to know what the outcome will be but to wait and see the result.

Usually a visa for a mother is a lot easier processing for the staff because a mother will not overstay and leave her children in the home country - I assume you have siblings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It means that they are still looking at yours. It is not unheard of for one to be granted weeks before the other. Unfortunately, there is no way to know what the outcome will be but to wait and see the result.

Usually a visa for a mother is a lot easier processing for the staff because a mother will not overstay and leave her children in the home country - I assume you have siblings.
I do have a brother but he's married so I didn't mention him in the untravelling companion so should I call the embassy to know the outcome or should I wait til the assessment is done !! BTW
my mother also didn't mention my brother in the application !

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Your mother should have mentioned your brother since it asks about children not travelling with you.

They are still wirhin processing times so calling them they will just tell you it is still processing. You should probably have an answer is maximum 3 weeks (usually I would say 2 weeks but we have alot of public holidays coming up).

Please let us know the outcome when you get your decision.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I am so sorry. Are you able to post the refusal? I thought section 501 was refusal under the character test? Does that mean you have a criminal record?

Usually you will see refusals for econmic differences between Australia and Egypt and not enough ties for the applicant to return home to Egypt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am so sorry. Are you able to post the refusal? I thought section 501 was refusal under the character test? Does that mean you have a criminal record?

Usually you will see refusals for econmic differences between Australia and Egypt and not enough ties for the applicant to return home to Egypt.
Thank you for your quick response but I don't have a criminal record as they also stated that I didn't provide the payslips to show my salary salary

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I provided 3 different bank statm.
Hr letter
vacation leave letter
title deed for my apartment
BUT I AM NOT MARRIED
I didnt provide pay slips

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Are you able copy and paste the refusal (taking out names) that will give a better idea. As 501 is them saying they have concerns about your character where usually rejection is based on not being a genuine tourist.

They look to make sure you get paid reguarly and your bank account didn't suddenly increase by 50,0000le. They also look at what your wages are and if you can fund the trip to Australia.

They tend to think non-married will overstay in Australia.

Do you have family in Australia?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.