Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my tourist visa accepted and am flying to Australia soon, and my boyfriend asked if we should buy tickets in advance because there is a promo and would have me come the middle of November in time for Christmas and return home January/february.

I will return home October 14 and was wondering If it is seen as bad that I apply again when returning just to be sure on processing times?
as the sale is nov-feb.

-Is there any certain amount of time I should wait before applying to travel and see him again?
-any other information on this topic would be great, I just want to do everything as best I can and if I can cut the price of flights in half would really be a godsend for us both.

Thanks as always I appreciate every reply or tip I get :)
you guys are amazing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evisas is valid for 12 months and with 3 month stay periods as far as I know.

When was the last one granted and when does it expire?
my evisa was valid for 3months and was granted on july 4,
and 3month stay period from entry date.
I will return home October 14 while my 3month tourist visa will expire October 21.

Leaving a week earlier, just in case airport/delay,etc so I don't make a bad impression on my first trip to Australia

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
It is a 3 month stay for each time you enter - not 3 months total.

You can basically if you wanted stay in Australia for a year, you just need to go offshore 3 times (just before each 3 months).

EDIT *** Please confirm what you mean by "e600 visa?

An evisa is an ETA and a 600 is a Tourist Visa

And what country are you from?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It states on my grant;
Visa duration and travel
Date of grant = 04 July 2018
Must not arrive after 04 October 2018
Length of stay = 3 month(s) from the date of arrival
Travel = Single entry

I only asked for 3months in my application, as I have been denied twice due to no travel experience. that is why I only received 3months single entry.

Now that I have been granted 3months single entry.

-Do you think it is okay I ask for 12-month multiple entries visa next time?
For now, my goal is to build a good reputation and single entry has already made my boyfriend's life easier not having to take time off work and being able to see each other for 2motnhs is a lot better than his 2-week trips.

·
Registered
38 Posts
ETA (subclass 601) is available to passport holders from certain countries and is a 12 month visa with the maximum length of stay for each visit being 3 months.

Having just checked online about the countries this visa is available for I'm now confused! On the home affairs website it states that the ETA is available to the following countries:

Brunei - Darussalam
Canada
Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
Japan
Malaysia
Singapore
Korea, Rep of (South)
United States

I thought that UK passport holders were also eligible for this visa? Because I've had several of these visas before (UK passport holder). My current one runs out end of August and I'll need to reapply for another one while I wait for the outcome on my PMV 300. So now I'm wondering if I have to apply for a 600 now instead of a 601. More confusion! :confused:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/651-#tab-content-1

eVisitor-eligible passports are citizen passports issued by the following countries:

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
The Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Republic of San Marino
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom - British Citizen
Vatican City

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
It states on my grant;
Visa duration and travel
Date of grant = 04 July 2018
Must not arrive after 04 October 2018
Length of stay = 3 month(s) from the date of arrival
Travel = Single entry

I only asked for 3months in my application, as I have been denied twice due to no travel experience. that is why I only received 3months single entry.

Now that I have been granted 3months single entry.

-Do you think it is okay I ask for 12-month multiple entries visa next time?
For now, my goal is to build a good reputation and single entry has already made my boyfriend's life easier not having to take time off work and being able to see each other for 2motnhs is a lot better than his 2-week trips.
What passport do you hold?

No I don't think a 12 month multiple entry would be a good idea (for most). That is the stay period.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
It seems there may be confusion between visa names.

EVisa? = Visitor e600 Visa Online Applications
If you are outside Australia, you must hold a passport from an eligible country to apply online for a Visitor visa (subclass 600).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/53entry-system

Fact Sheet - Australia's entry system for visitors
  • Electronic Travel Authority (ETA system) (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor (subclass 651).
  • Tourist e600 visa (subclass 600)

·
Registered
38 Posts
It seems there may be confusion between visa names.

EVisa? = Visitor e600 Visa Online Applications
If you are outside Australia, you must hold a passport from an eligible country to apply online for a Visitor visa (subclass 600).

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/53entry-system

Fact Sheet - Australia's entry system for visitors
  • Electronic Travel Authority (ETA system) (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor (subclass 651).
  • Tourist e600 visa (subclass 600)
So what are the differences between those three visas (apart from cost)?

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
The bottom one is not granted like the top two.

The top 2 are basically the same - multiple entry, valid for 1 year and 3 months stay period.

The bottom one can be single or multiple entry and can have a stay period for up to 1 year. (you don't always get what you apply for!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.