Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have applied before 1year ago and been denied a tourist 600 visa, and was under 18 at the time and had not traveled overseas before and was denied as I had not provided satisfactory proof to show I planned to have a genuine visit to Australia and obviously I had no previous travel history overseas.

fast-forward 1year 3months>>>
I am from Indonesia.
I have $3000 AUD savings in my bank.
have pictures with his friends and family who have traveled to see me over the last year.(if this helps???)

I turned 18 this February and have traveled to malaysia & thailand late last year and upgraded my passport to an e-passport to get a visa and travel to Japan last month (may).

I would like to apply for the e600 Visa online and travel to Australia for 2-8weeks to see my boyfriend and his family.

Because we are not in a de-facto relationship the AUS immigration office told me to apply as single as I technically am by their laws.

and would just like to know as I am unemployed and would like to know if I would be accepted with current credentials?
[as last year seeing my visa declined crushed my heart]

- What forms do I need to attach?
- Can I be refused solely because I am unemployed?
- Do I write my boyfriend as friend or list under other> then explain our situation?
- any other help would be greatly appreciated or information I should add to strengthen my application.
- should I apply with him sponsoring me? I did not see this option online on my immi.gov account? (is it an extra form?)
- Should I write that I live with my sister and father and I look after him with basic things like cleaning, cooking [I am unsure how this would be seen but am curious none the less if I should mention it]

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Although I cannot answer most of your questions, a couple I can:

- careful about how you declare your boyfriend. If you have any reason to be able to claim your current relationship as de facto towards a future partner application, then not naming him as your de facto now in your visitor visa application would be conflicting information. But if you are not yet in a de facto relationship, then you could simply declare him as a friend and any future partner application would use a future date as the start of your de facto relationship.
- he cannot sponsor you as he is not a family member. He could write a letter of invitation if that helps your application.
- writing that you live with family and providing reasons that this compels you to return home could be helpful.

Essentially you need to provide as many compelling reasons as possible that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria.

And don't take advice from Australian Immigration. They are there to process paperwork, and are unfortunately known to give incorrect information and poor suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Maggie-May I understand more clearly now the more pressing issue is to just provide compelling reasons for my genuine visit.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
From what you have said so far I think you woul fail to meet the requirements of a compelling reason to return at the end of your visit, it would be best that you consult a registered migration agent (RMA), Who can advise you of the best course of action to obtain a visa.
Their is a list of reputable agents in the "sticky" at the top of the forum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aussiesteve I am meeting with nearby school to ask for a letter to say I will resume here when returning, will this help my application be granted?

and what is the average cost of using a migration agent if anyone can give me an estimate?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Aussiesteve I am meeting with nearby school to ask for a letter to say I will resume here when returning, will this help my application be granted?

and what is the average cost of using a migration agent if anyone can give me an estimate?
I know of one visitor application from the Philippines, that supplied an education enrolment notice as the only reason for return, and the visa was granted.

Reactions: Trivara

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts

It may be useful, but you stated you were unemployed , you now say you are going to be a student, which is correct?
If you look for Westley Russell in the RMA list , I believe he will give you a free initial consultation.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
I know of one visitor application from the Philippines, that supplied an education enrolment notice as the only reason for return, and the visa was granted.
Anything that happens at the Australian Embassy in Manila can never be counted upon as a precedent.
As I have said before the onlything consistent about that particular embassy is that it is inconsistent.
It has been that way for the last 30 years I have been dealing with them!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am currently Unemployed and not studying but my initial plan was to continue my studies upon returning because in Indonesia if paying fees early they can find other ways to add extra costs so I had thought to pay/start after returning.

But if it will help my application for "600 visitor visa online" I am also happy to pay the fees early and get my enrollment forms and start date to give as more proof of genuine visit and of my reasons to return.

I messaged Westley Russell via his website or should I enquire and message him directly?

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
I am currently Unemployed and not studying but my initial plan was to continue my studies upon returning because in Indonesia if paying fees early they can find other ways to add extra costs so I had thought to pay/start after returning.

But if it will help my application for "600 visitor visa online" I am also happy to pay the fees early and get my enrollment forms and start date to give as more proof of genuine visit and of my reasons to return.

I messaged Westley Russell via his website or should I enquire and message him directly?
Don't do or pay anything yet, I am sure Westley will reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.