Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks so much to everyone here that helped answer my many questions.

if others are wondering what I provided;
(if colour scan image, verify/certify is not needed but only help)
(scanned colour photos of)

-passport
-passport sized photos + reverse side of passport photo signed by myself
-previous travel stamps in my passports (old passport was not electronic so I provided images of upgrade stamp + old travel visa stamps)
-family register + translation (translation not required but it is worth it)
-nation ID card + translation (translation not needed but I recommend)
-my bank statement about $2900 AUD
-Birth certificate

Extra documents and info I provided to show my heartfelt attempt to spend time and visit Australia genuinely;

-form 54 family composition (not required but helps)
-pictures with my boyfriend, his siblings, friends and some selfies at landmarks when traveling overseas alone or with family)
-My Cover letter explaining my 2 previous failed attempts at a tourist visa (I was under 18 and had no travel history overseas and my family situation and why I would return home as well as explaining I had been saving and traveling to build a good travel history)
-Invitation Letter (from my boyfriend being 100% honest about our 2year relationship including his honest reaction to finding out I was 16 and had 5mopnths until my 17 birthday, while not illegal he wrote everything as it happened. Also providing a home address, contact and said he would be happy to pay for my flights and accommodation and any other travel expenses and some events and local attractions we plan to visit)
-boyfriend bank statement + screenshot of current bank balance ($4200.00AUD and current had 5200.00AUD)

other info I asked, learned;
I was told to apply as single from the immigration call center and for reference
-defacto = Difficult to define look below for great advice from comments [EDITED]
=I applied as single but added my boyfriend as OTHER, and wrote he is my boyfriend and I state this for clarity as it is not recognized as a relationship by AUS government
-BE HONEST about all, a real person is reading your application I regret not talking to my bf and getting his heartfelt letter earlier to explain our journey.
-an uploaded photo/scan does not need to be sized 3.5cmx4.5cm basic 720x960 image of head and top of the shoulder will suffice

I honestly am so happy and excited I can explore Australia and spend time with my boyfriend, I cant be more appreciative to the person who signed off on my visa.

Thanks again everyone who helped me, I really can't express how much it means

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Defacto is not classified as living with each other for 2 years.

Th application you have submitted has more then likely reset the clock of your potentially defacto relationship back to day 1.

A defacto relationship is one where you have committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others.

You musnt live separately and apart on a permanent basis.

Don't take immigration phone advice on visas they get it wrong as often as they get it right.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
-defacto = living with the partner for 2years+
=I applied as single but added my boyfriend as OTHER, and wrote he is my boyfriend and I state this for clarity as it is not recognized as a relationship by AUS government
What a de facto relationship is:
You and your partner are in a de facto partner relationship if all of the following applies:

you are not legally married to each other
you are committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others
your relationship is genuine and continuing
you live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis
you are not related by family.
Your relationship can be with someone of the same or different sex.
Length of relationship for a Visa
Usually, your de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately before you apply for the visa.

Time spent dating or in an online relationship does not count as being in a de facto relationship.

If your de facto relationship has existed for less than 12 months, you might still be eligible for the visa. Find out if you do not need to meet (are exempt from) the one year relationship requirement.

We specified de-facto after living together for just a few months, not counting the time not living together prior to that, to apply for the first Visitor Visa. That would help to cement the starting date for the relationship for the partner visa later on.

From a legal perspective:
Myth 3. A couple need to live together for six months to qualify as a de facto relationship

There isn't a timeline for being considered de facto and there is no minimum time period. Provided that you or your partner live together, consider yourselves in a committed relationship and friends and family recognise this, then you may be in a de facto relationship. For a relationship between two parties to be classified as de facto, it must be 'marriage like.'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I even stated I was told this in my application cover letter, about defacto, and you guys will know more than me :)

Thank you for correcting :)

I will edit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.