Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one, Could you please help me clarify the educational qualification point.

When I did skill assessment for Carpenter 331212, I provide 2 qualifications.
1) the bachelor degree of Civil engineering from HCM university of Architecture in Vietnam.
2) Certificate III of Carpentry in Australia.
But TRA dosen't mention any thing about qualification in my positive outcome.
When I lodged EOI( total 50 points) with the highest qualification to claim 15 points . And I was invited to lodge 489 visa to Border protection.

I am very confused as in Boder protection website " A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard. 15
A diploma or trade qualification completed in Australia 10
An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation. 10"

I am so confused to claim my educational points as as a carpenter. I don't know whether i only claim 10 points for trade qualification or I can claim 15 points for my highest degree?. And how could i prove that my bachelor degree is from a recognised institution and related to my nominated ocupation to claim 15 points?. As I already lodged the visas, I am afraid of being deemed Providing misleading information.

I really appreciate your words for 2 of my questions.
Viet Cuong Vo

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If your Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from HCM University of Architecture in Vietnam is considered the equivalent of a Bachelor Degree in Australia then you will get 15 points. According to the Australian Country Education Profiles your degree from HCM University of Architecture is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from HCM University of Architecture in Vietnam is considered the equivalent of a Bachelor Degree in Australia then you will get 15 points. According to the Australian Country Education Profiles your degree from HCM University of Architecture is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree.
Dear Jeremy.
Thank you very much for your reply.
I couldn't check if my bachelor degree is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree on Australian Country Education Profiles, could you tell me how could check it.? And Do I need to get my education qualification accessed by Vetassess or any other agency to prove to Border protection.
I really appreciate your time and kindness.
Viet Cuong Vo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.