Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied 176 non CSL, relative sponsored application. ASCO code is 2231-11 (Computer Professional-Systems Manager) on March 2009 and as per previous rules to be processed until 2011-2012. How the new changes will affect my case? What can I do to expedite my case?:eek:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Generally no or limited changes for applications already submitted.
Various statements are linked to the link on http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/3493-diac-new-gsm-plan-priorities.html

You also need to be aware that wording on the original priority process was that for offshore applicants, applications were unlikely to be considered before 2012.
That means at least 2013 and as it is indicative only it could be years after depending on numbers of higher priority applications and numbers to be processed in any year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ACS again?

Generally no or limited changes for applications already submitted.
Various statements are linked to the link on http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/3493-diac-new-gsm-plan-priorities.html

You also need to be aware that wording on the original priority process was that for offshore applicants, applications were unlikely to be considered before 2012.
That means at least 2013 and as it is indicative only it could be years after depending on numbers of higher priority applications and numbers to be processed in any year.
Thanks for the info. If I again apply ACS with ASCO code with CSL, then do i have to withdraw old application and apply new one. or there is any other way?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks for the info. If I again apply ACS with ASCO code with CSL, then do i have to withdraw old application and apply new one. or there is any other way?
If you want to apply with a new occupation it does mean that you do need to make a new application but also be aware that the CSL is to be revoked by mid year and no transitional arrangements have been announced.

A new level 2 priority is to be based on a state approved migrations nomination plan separate to their standard nominations and so you might be better off to see whether your existing occupation is to be on a state plan and get a nomination or with family in Australia, get them to see what opportunities for Employer Sponsorship exist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to apply with a new occupation it does mean that you do need to make a new application but also be aware that the CSL is to be revoked by mid year and no transitional arrangements have been announced.

A new level 2 priority is to be based on a state approved migrations nomination plan separate to their standard nominations and so you might be better off to see whether your existing occupation is to be on a state plan and get a nomination or with family in Australia, get them to see what opportunities for Employer Sponsorship exist.
Thanks; so should I wait for new CSL and State sponsor trades; what do you think that can my ESCO code can come under state sponsorship or CSL list? what should i do; i am very confused and depressed?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks; so should I wait for new CSL and State sponsor trades; what do you think that can my ESCO code can come under state sponsorship or CSL list? what should i do; i am very confused and depressed?
I was just trying to confirm my memory of the CSL requirements and could not get on to the Immi CSL page [ maybe they're getting flogged to death! with people hoping for clarification ] but I'm pretty sure the reference to IT careers says that any classifications that are on MODL will be on CSL.

That does create an indirect block for any new IT Occupations visa applications being on CSL for with the MODL revoked, I assume that means there is no IT pathway to CSL.

I do not know if your IT Classification will be on any ministerially approved state migration plan and it is likely there will be variation state by state.
There is a new group called Skills Australia [ probably a special task force within the federal employment department DEEWR] and they have a task of reveiwing the SOL and in doing that I'd expect they will with the states establish critical shortages state by state and a process for regular review.
That will I suspect be the basis for the State Migration Plans of priority Occupations over and above the standard nomination lists.

So all we can do is wait and see.
It could be that your classification may be on one or more state plans and then by seeking a nomination with that state you will be better off than staying with a 176 family nomination.

Better still as I say, see what opportunities there are for Employer Sponsorship.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just trying to confirm my memory of the CSL requirements and could not get on to the Immi CSL page [ maybe they're getting flogged to death! with people hoping for clarification ] but I'm pretty sure the reference to IT careers says that any classifications that are on MODL will be on CSL.

That does create an indirect block for any new IT Occupations visa applications being on CSL for with the MODL revoked, I assume that means there is no IT pathway to CSL.

I do not know if your IT Classification will be on any ministerially approved state migration plan and it is likely there will be variation state by state.
There is a new group called Skills Australia [ probably a special task force within the federal employment department DEEWR] and they have a task of reveiwing the SOL and in doing that I'd expect they will with the states establish critical shortages state by state and a process for regular review.
That will I suspect be the basis for the State Migration Plans of priority Occupations over and above the standard nomination lists.

So all we can do is wait and see.
It could be that your classification may be on one or more state plans and then by seeking a nomination with that state you will be better off than staying with a 176 family nomination.

Better still as I say, see what opportunities there are for Employer Sponsorship.
thanks again; Now I will wait and see if my occupations comes under any state sponsorship? when new lists will be available and also please give me the links to check all state sponsored occupations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.