Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning/Evening everyone

First post so apologies if this isn't the right place to post, i did a quick scan and couldn't see anything regarding this issue directly.

My parents are currently in Perth on a 12 month e600 with no restrictions from the uk visiting and living with my dads sister. She emigrated in the 60s with my along with my dad and 2 other brothers. Subsequently my mum and dad came home without getting aus residency but one brother and his sister stayed.
They're loving it out there(been there since nov) and they've spoken to someone at the embassy who said it's possible for them to extend this 12 month details but my mum's in her 70s and didn't really take the information in.

So, does anyone know if this is even possible? I was under the assumption it was 12 months and that was it, no chance of extension. They'd love to stay for another year if possible.

Any help would be really really appreciated!

have a lovely day

Matt

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Matt

Glad to hear your parents are enjoying Perth (I am personally very jealous of their beaches!)

Does the 600 visa have a 'no further stay' condition? (You can check on VEVO). If not, then they can still apply for another visa onshore. Under current policy, Immigration would expect them to spend 6 months outside Australia before returning, however it is a case by case matter. Depending on your parents' circumstances, it may be possible to get a visitor visa that lasts for a few years (with multiple 12 month visits).

Your parents will need to provide evidence in the next application that they don't intend on staying here permanently (ie that they have a life, property etc to return to). To be safe, I would apply in the family sponsored stream. If you need advice about what to include in the application, you can always consult a registered migration agent.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.