Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am filling out my husbands sponsorship form and the question asks...
"Are you an eligible New Zealand citizen"

I dont know what to tick.

I am australian by birth.

If i tick "no" then it syas to skip the next question which seems relevant regarding.."Have you ever served prison term etc etc"

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You've lost me a little sb.
Are you filling out the 40SP form for you as an Aussie cit to be sponsor for your husband.

If so, I just had a look there - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/40sp.pdf and I see you just select one of the three options there isn't provision for a yes/no re bing NZ eligible which would be irrelevant if you're an Aussie.

The criminal history question is further down, next page from what I can see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I am just trying to fill out the same form (40SP) as my partners sponsor & am stumbling over the same question.

I am an Australian citizen not an NZ citizen so do I tick no to Q39 - Are you an eligible NZ citizen? & if so do I then skip to Part E as directed or should I be completing questions 40-42 which appear to be relevant but which I am directed to skip.

Please could you let me know if you found out the answer?

How is your application going? I hope it has not been too draw out a process for you.

Thank you

G

·
Hello,

I am in the same situation! I am filling out the sponsor application in support of my Husband's application. Am I an eligible NZ citzen? (I am Australian by birth).

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
The form 40sp is to be filled out by the Australian partner.

If you are an Australian you tick NO at Q40 and skip a large part of the form and go straight to section E.

Poly, if that question is at Q39 you may have an old form as the question about eligible NZ citizen is at Q40 on the current form.

Raul T Senise Registered Australian Migration Agent, MARA No. 0636699
Home

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply Aba.

I've just checked the form on the immi website & the DIC seem to have given us a form that is already out of date, so thanks for the heads up as well as answering the original question.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi there,
It has never occured to me that you can interpret 'eligible NZ Citizen' the other way around and your questions have brought a smile to my face. The term refers to NZ citizens who are eligible to obtain certain concessions to enter Australia or are automatically eligible for certain Australian visas, not you being eligible to get NZ citizenship, although you might as well be, but I don't think DIAC cares.
Good luck with your applications
Dorota

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.