Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks
my partner and i applied for a prospective marriage visa and having waited 10 months for security check clearance, it has finally been cleared.
the case worker called my partner just hours ago with the long awaited call and explained turnaround time for visa approval/stamp etc.....minutes later, the case worker called him again suggesting we may have applied for wrong visa, as I (sponsor) may not be an eligible nzl citizen.
she told him that she would need to review our case carefully again and get back to us. we are both disappointed that after all these months and this close to stamping visa that this has happened. How can they even start
processing an application if the sponsor is not even eligible? just wish we had established this much earlier!
we havent heard back from case worker about a decision yet, but if it is rejected, our next option might be to apply for nz citizen family relationship visa (subclass 461), however, our predicament is that we are not married, nor lived together for 12 months as defacto, but have plenty of evidence to prove we are in a genuine relationship. any suggestions about what to do next will be appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question. However I want to get my partner here on a subclass 461 visa as well. I am a NZ citizen but arrived in Australia after 2001. We want to get married so that part is no problem. The part we are struggling with is to show that we have been together for a good period of time. I am sure simply being married is not enough. We are not so young and we want to start a family and so this is all very frustrating. We desperately want to be together.

I have been living in Australia, paying taxes, never been in any sort of trouble with the law and own a house here for 5 years. I have even represented Queensland in sports several times. Surely it is time people like me could be granted PR? I don't want access to benefits but I do want to bring my partner here and I do want security for the future. After all this is my home.

Surely it is reasonable that NZ citizens of good character who have paid taxes for 5 years in a row could be granted PR?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.