Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, ive recently seen posts where people have said they have emailed the immi dept regarding their 820 visa progress but i can't find any email addresses for this? Does anyone know the email address for NSW? Thanks and good luck with all your visa applications :)

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Does anyone know the email address for NSW?
A few notes:
There is no such email address.
There are email addresses for particular offices and staff members.
820s can be processed anywhere.
How do you know that your application is being processed in NSW?
Even if you manage to contact someone, if you receive an answer that is at all useful, you will be told to contact the relevant processing centre. You are more likely to recieve the standard automated response.
Unless the progress of your application is outside the published procesing times, do not expect a progress report.
If you have extreme circumstances that might bring your case within the priorty processing guidelines, it might be worthwhile seeking professional advice, or contacting your local federal MP.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
A few notes:
There is no such email address.
There are email addresses for particular offices and staff members.
820s can be processed anywhere.
How do you know that your application is being processed in NSW?
Even if you manage to contact someone, if you receive an answer that is at all useful, you will be told to contact the relevant processing centre. You are more likely to recieve the standard automated response.
Unless the progress of your application is outside the published procesing times, do not expect a progress report.
If you have extreme circumstances that might bring your case within the priorty processing guidelines, it might be worthwhile seeking professional advice, or contacting your local federal MP.
Hi Westly,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was curious about what you said (highlighted) above. Is that just the s/c 820, and does anywhere mean anywhere in Australia, or anywhere that visa's are processed?

Just wondering if our s/c 309 is going through Ottawa or another location. Thanks.

OP - Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Hi Westly,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was curious about what you said (highlighted) above. Is that just the s/c 820, and does anywhere mean anywhere in Australia, or anywhere that visa's are processed?

Just wondering if our s/c 309 is going through Ottawa or another location. Thanks.

OP - Sorry for the hijack.
Partner visa applications are usually pocessed in Australia, or in the counrty of origin, but any Australian visa application can be processed anywhere in the world, depending on the exigencies of the department.

For more Google - privatise immigration

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Partner visa applications are usually pocessed in Australia, or in the counrty of origin, but any Australian visa application can be processed anywhere in the world, depending on the exigencies of the department.
Oh, ok. So basically our application could be processed in Canberra, Ottawa or Guam for all we know.

For more Google - privatise immigration
Yikes. There's some reading for tonight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your reply....I was always dubious about an email adrress but have read of quite a few people emailing so thought I'd ask! I think I'll just call them with our questions :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.