Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share an email I received today from the department in regards to updating my passport on my existing ETA.

I completed form 929, updating my passport details. I did this to be compliant with the department (in case it came up in our up coming application) and in the event we decided to lodge onshore vs offshore.

UNOFFICIAL
Thank you for your email.

The passport details you have provided below cannot be updated in our system as your current ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) is linked to the passport you used in your ETA application. Your ETA cannot be linked to any other passport. If you need to travel on a different passport, you will need to apply for a new ETA using your new passport before you travel to Australia.*

Kind regards
Judging by this email, it's safe to say we will for sure lodge offshore now. Just wanted to share in case anyone was in the same boat.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's stopping an other ETA application?
Well, not too much. It would be easy enough to get another ETA. But from what I understand, if I get another ETA, I would have to wait until the 12 month period is over to apply onshore for the 820 and be granted a bridging visa.

With my current ETA (which expires in March) I would be able to apply and get a bridging visa.

All good, though, just going to apply offshore and hope for a speedy grant!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Well, not too much. It would be easy enough to get another ETA. But from what I understand, if I get another ETA, I would have to wait until the 12 month period is over to apply onshore for the 820 and be granted a bridging visa.

With my current ETA (which expires in March) I would be able to apply and get a bridging visa.

All good, though, just going to apply offshore and hope for a speedy grant!
Wrong!

Eh?

You are far wrong on your under standing of this visa (authority)

PM if you need.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong!

Eh?

You are far wrong on your under standing of this visa (authority)

PM if you need.
Thanks, Ampk. Will do!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.