Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I would like to hear from anyone who is going through or has been through the ens process. We are about to start completing our visa application forms (47es) having recieved approval for ENS.

If anyone would like to share their experience with us, it would be most helpful.

Many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi cjka,

Looking at the checklist it is only asking for 47es and 47a, plus med and penal. My partner and I are defacto, so do we still have to submit all the other partner forms, stat decs etc? As for the 47a do we fill in that with partner details or is it only for other dependant adults.

Just out of interest.... I wonder if you know why the English language requirement is more stringent for this class of visa.

Many thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quite the contrary a level of Vocational English is required for ENS applciation which is 5 in each of 4 components of IELTS vs. a subclass 175 where the requirement is Competent English ie 6 in each of the 4 components. With concessions for various passport holders. regards

·
Registered
124 Posts
it is less stringent for the english requirement. I'm not sure how de facto is handled but I think it is the same. Wanderer should have a bit more info about this.

my friend used 47es and form 80. i'm not sure about form 47a. you can probably ask for more info from the agent above :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
vocational for spouse and functional for primary applicant I think.

if your spouse worked in an english speaking country for 2 years, the spouse can be exempted I think.

just take the exam or review if the spouse needs it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
Me and my husband recently lodged 176 with WA SS, with my husband as main applicant. The application still pending processing and we're not sure how long we need to wait. But I'm getting phone interview this week from Perth. If the employer interested to hire me. Which visa type should I request for?

In the visa 176 application, I was proved to have functional English from my university without taking IELST (since I'm second applicant - spouse). In the circumstances of employer sponsor visa, I'm becoming main applicant. Do I need to take IELST again?? The case would be ideal if my husband getting the job offer, we can directly switch to visa 112 with faster processing. Too bad this is not the case now and I may need to go through another round of hassle. Please advice.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi all,
Me and my husband recently lodged 176 with WA SS, with my husband as main applicant. The application still pending processing and we're not sure how long we need to wait. But I'm getting phone interview this week from Perth. If the employer interested to hire me. Which visa type should I request for?

In the visa 176 application, I was proved to have functional English from my university without taking IELST (since I'm second applicant - spouse). In the circumstances of employer sponsor visa, I'm becoming main applicant. Do I need to take IELST again?? The case would be ideal if my husband getting the job offer, we can directly switch to visa 112 with faster processing. Too bad this is not the case now and I may need to go through another round of hassle. Please advice.
You nearly slipped under the radar there Kitty and it's best to start a new thread re personal enquiries to stop that happening.
But if you're having an employer eligible to sponsor you and prepared to do so, most usually opt for a TR 457 though if eligibility for they and you exists for employer sponsored PR and they are prepared to do that you can also apply for PR.
Your functional english will be OK unless your occupation has a higher requirement and you'll be able to see that usually on an occupational assessment application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You nearly slipped under the radar there Kitty and it's best to start a new thread re personal enquiries to stop that happening.
But if you're having an employer eligible to sponsor you and prepared to do so, most usually opt for a TR 457 though if eligibility for they and you exists for employer sponsored PR and they are prepared to do that you can also apply for PR.
Your functional english will be OK unless your occupation has a higher requirement and you'll be able to see that usually on an occupational assessment application.
opss..sorry..but thank u for your reply ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.