Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My migration agent in australia is about to lodge the 457 visa application.I am having a bit of a issue regarding the employment history details in the form (references and their addresses).

My concern here is that my references have an address which is now obsolete(company has moved to a new location) and their website still states the old address and contact numbers(which match my references).

Which Address Should be safe to put on the form? Do the visa officers actually cross check the addresses for this visa?Someone please tell me if I am paranoid for no reason:)

Cheers to all

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi All,

My migration agent in australia is about to lodge the 457 visa application.I am having a bit of a issue regarding the employment history details in the form (references and their addresses).

My concern here is that my references have an address which is now obsolete(company has moved to a new location) and their website still states the old address and contact numbers(which match my references).

Which Address Should be safe to put on the form? Do the visa officers actually cross check the addresses for this visa?Someone please tell me if I am paranoid for no reason:)

Cheers to all
There's probably less checking goes on with TR visas than what there is for PR.
A golden rule is always fill in forms honestly and if a company you worked for has a new address, that's what you show even if it is different from what is on your reference.
You could always add a stick it note to your reference indicating a new address.

And why not send them an email telling them to get their web site updated for that is in their interest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wanderer.The stick it note sounds like a great idea.I have already told them about updating the site so lets see how it goes on from here. This previous company has sadly been battered by recession and might go down under any moment. In the event that it does take that route,what all do i need to do to safeguard my employment history so that it doesnt come in way of TR/PR. What should be the address of the company then?the oldest held?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thanks Wanderer.The stick it note sounds like a great idea.I have already told them about updating the site so lets see how it goes on from here. This previous company has sadly been battered by recession and might go down under any moment. In the event that it does take that route,what all do i need to do to safeguard my employment history so that it doesnt come in way of TR/PR. What should be the address of the company then?the oldest held?
Yep, if companies cease to exist there's little you can do about that other than show their closing address.
If there is some certification of bankruptcy or just a business closing up and you can get a reference to that, it would also not do you any harm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.