Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good day. I am from the Philippines and my partner and I would like to apply in Visa Subclass 476 with de facto partner. I would just like some clarification regarding the engineering graduate diploma. Should the date of visa lodging before the 2 year-graduate period or is it the visa acceptance? Example: the engineering diploma is until January 2020. Is it acceptable if we submit the visa application before January 2020 or the visa should already be granted by January 2020. Thank you! :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
If you are relying on a Philippine qualification you must hold an engineering degree conferred by UP.

An extract from the regulations:

The applicant has completed a course:

(a) in the period of 24 months ending immediately before the day on which the application is made; and

(b) at an institution specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph;

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The applicant did get his degree from UP, specifically last January 10, 2018. Does this mean that the visa should be lodged before January 10, 2020 or should the applicant be already accepted before January 10, 2020 ends? :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts