Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have step upon some areas that I do not know what decision to take now.
Let me first tell you a little about me.

*Degree
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering(graduated in 2013 Aug)
(signatory to the Washington Accord)

*Work Experience
2. Semiconductor industry - RF Software Engineer(Dec 2016 - Present)
- Software job using RF Lab equipments such as power supply, source meter, DMM, spectrum analyzer, waveform generator and scope.

1. Wireless industry - Field Application Engineer(Apr 2013 - Jun 2016)
- The company manufactures connectivity(WiFi, BT, NFC and so on) and cellular test instrument.
- I was responsible for system integration(software level) with the cellular instrument based on knowledges of 2G, 3G, LTE.
- Worked with Samsung Mobile Division, LG Mobile and many mobile chipset companies such as Qualcomm, Samsung LSI, MediaTek, Marvell, Ericsson, and so on.
- Experience of RF test and RF troubleshooting.

I actually would like to apply my Australian Skill Assessment, Engineers Australia into the category of "Telecommunication Engineer" because of the Washington Accord.

Can I be consider properly into the "Telecommunication Engineer" category with Computer Engineering degree?
Or just apply to Software Engineer category in ACS...?

I would like to hear your experience and recommendations.
So that I don't make a mistake..

Thank you for reading my post, hope to hear from you.

Best regards
Jamie

·
Registered
24 Posts
As per your degree, you have to apply to ACS but I am afraid your experience does not match with your degree. It may be that ACS will not consider it because experience must be related to your degree. Rest, you can contact to ACS they respond very quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.