Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I was browsing the forum when I came across a post stating that the current visa timeframe has changed. After researching the home affairs website it seems that
currently visa subclass 300 as of July 18th is 18-23 months and visa sublass 309 is 21-26 months.

My question is does this effect people who currently have visas in progress or is it just for new applications?

·
Registered
135 Posts
YIKES! 21-26 months for 309? how they expect that people can wait so long for a visa especially couples who are currently living apart, like my partner and I currently 6 months long distance. When I submitted in April the processing times were 10-13 months which gave me some hope but every month the times go higher and higher

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed this too. Crazy! We submitted via agent so I can't log in to check what the actual timeline on our visa is but 21 months seems an insane jump from when we submitted in April and it was 10 - 13. Hopefully it's just a case of the end of financial year over there affecting things - maybe they took everyone off processing 309s in order to get through more skilled visas or something and so it's affected the past month's numbers?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I noticed this too. Crazy! We submitted via agent so I can't log in to check what the actual timeline on our visa is but 21 months seems an insane jump from when we submitted in April and it was 10 - 13. Hopefully it's just a case of the end of financial year over there affecting things - maybe they took everyone off processing 309s in order to get through more skilled visas or something and so it's affected the past month's numbers?
I applied April too Elastigirl! where did you apply from? I'm in China but Mexican citizen, partner is Aus citizen previously sponsored one person so I'm thinking this might delay things a bit they might look into our case more carefully

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't log into check mine but it seems from the last comment on that link above that the processing times have now been updated in individuals' immiaccounts to reflect the new processing times. However, it's true that those processing times are a global estimate so it doesn't necessarily mean that ours will all be prpcessed in line with those but I think it does give an indication that we are likely to be waiting longer - booo. I'm in the UK so we are being processed out of London.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't log into check mine but it seems from the last comment on that link above that the processing times have now been updated in individuals' immiaccounts to reflect the new processing times. However, it's true that those processing times are a global estimate so it doesn't necessarily mean that ours will all be prpcessed in line with those but I think it does give an indication that we are likely to be waiting longer - booo. I'm in the UK so we are being processed out of London.
im in the same situation your in and Iv contacted my agent they have advise me this only applied to people who are applying now

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Hi All,
I was browsing the forum when I came across a post stating that the current visa timeframe has changed. After researching the home affairs website it seems that
currently visa subclass 300 as of July 18th is 18-23 months and visa sublass 309 is 21-26 months.

My question is does this effect people who currently have visas in progress or is it just for new applications?
Those figures quoted are the actual times for applications finalised in the month ended 30 June 2018, according to
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-

Who knows how long the current applications will end up taking. It could be longer, if more people apply, or even shorter if fewer people apply.

But note that it says, for the 309, that 75% were processed in under 21 months. Some of those were actually nearer 6 months.
Only 15% took between 21 and 26 months. Maybe they were more complex applications?

The problem with these numbers can be highlighted by an example:
If 74 visas took 5 months, 1 took 21 months, 14 took 22 months, 1 took 26 months and 10 took 30 months that would equal 75% in under 21 months and 10% taking 21 to 26 months... The same figure quoted for current finalisations...

Reactions: Skybluebrewer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi All,

Those figures quoted are the actual times for applications finalised in the month ended 30 June 2018, according to
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-

Who knows how long the current applications will end up taking. It could be longer, if more people apply, or even shorter if fewer people apply.

But note that it says, for the 309, that 75% were processed in under 21 months. Some of those were actually nearer 6 months.
Only 15% took between 21 and 26 months. Maybe they were more complex applications?

The problem with these numbers can be highlighted by an example:
If 74 visas took 5 months, 1 took 21 months, 14 took 22 months, 1 took 26 months and 10 took 30 months that would equal 75% in under 21 months and 10% taking 21 to 26 months... The same figure quoted for current finalisations...
thank you for clearing this situation up for us 👍🏻

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.