Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Entering just before Work & Holiday Visa Expires, but moving to Bridging Visa after

Hi there,

Hoping someone will be able to help me with this query and whether anyone has had experience with the same or similar issue.

My partner is currently on a Work & Holiday Visa and plans to go on a holiday, returning to Australia (on around 5 June) just before my partner's visa expires (around 15 June). We have applied for a partner visa and after the work & holiday visa expires, it will transition to a bridging visa.

I've read stories of people being questioned by agents at immigration when they have entered the country just before the visa expires.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with a similar issue, when they have entered just before their visa expires?

I've called immigration and they've said that it wouldn't be an issue, as long as they enter before the visa expiry date but I thought I would ask here just to be sure.

Thanks for reading and any assistance!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Not a good idea to ask immigration, the staff are not qualified nor accountable for the reply's they give you.

If questioned on arrival the answer will be inline with the WHV requirements. Anything like closing down my work related activities and taxation paperwork. If they say but you have applied for a Partner Visa, you say yes but I still need to finalize my work related stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both for your replies, much appreciated.

Not a good idea to ask immigration, the staff are not qualified nor accountable for the reply's they give you.

If questioned on arrival the answer will be inline with the WHV requirements. Anything like closing down my work related activities and taxation paperwork. If they say but you have applied for a Partner Visa, you say yes but I still need to finalize my work related stuff.
Just confirming even though my partner will have a valid bridging visa after her working holiday expires, the main reason for my partner's arrival should still focus on the WHV and the partner bridging visa should not be mentioned unless specifically brought up?

Thanks again for your help, would love to hear more experiences if anyone else has any.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You'd be arriving on a valid visa, with another visa application in place and a bridging visa waiting to take effect. If you were at all questioned, you're simply returning to Australia to remain while your partner visa is being processed. This is a valid reason for entering Australia and is the truth, so I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.