Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Curious about the amount of time given once your visa gets approved. So once you have applied for your visa and it gets approved by the department and you get given an entry date, typically how long do they give you?
My partner (spanish) and I are currently waiting on the 309/100 and are both residing in Spain at the moment.

There seems to be different information regarding this. Not sure if it varies case by case, but generally how does it work? I´ve heard that you are given a year to the date from when it gets approved, other cases i´ve read 2 months and you need to provide a legitimate reason why if you´re not able to make that date.

Can someone provide some info??

Cheers!!

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
The initial entry date is typically based on when the police and medical checks expire, which is after 12 months. So when your visa is granted, if your police/medical checks are 9 months old then you likely have 3 months to make your initial entry to Australia to validate the visa. Your CO has some discretion to extend the date but unless it's a very short window of time, expect it to be based on the police/medical checks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.