Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
189 EOI Invitation Date Predictions

Hello Everyone!

What are the chances of getting an invitation for a Mechanical Engineer with 60 points submitting the EOI in July 2016?

And how long would it take to be invited if we were to make a conservative prediction?

It is worth to mention that Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers had a 14% reduction to 1,539 placements this year. And this occupation was filled in 2015-16.

Basically I'm submitting my EOI (with just 60 points) this month and my current visa expires in January 2017. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

Adding to above question, what are the chances of getting invitation with 60 Points for 189 visa in August 2016; Profession is Electronics Engineer.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
DIBP hasn't published the results of the last round, but I'm not aware of any backlog in invitations for non-pro rata occupations.So you'd likely get an invitation within the next month, probably in the next round whenever that may be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
DIPB has published the results of 3rd August 2016 and unfortunately my brother's were not been invited.
Points=60
Profession=Electronics Engineer
ANZO Code=2334

1)Can anyone suggest me what is visa date of effect? on Immi website its saying its 26 July 2016 9.47 pm for 189 visa.
2) Can anyone advise me here that with single EOI can I express interest each for 189,190 and 489 visa. For my brother's EOI he expressed interest in single EOI for all three interests.
3)My brother applied for EOI in September 2015 with 55 points while after his experience change his points automatically elevated to 60 on 29th July 2016? will this date effect during invitation.
I eagerly waiting for the response.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
DIPB has published the results of 3rd August 2016 and unfortunately my brother's were not been invited.
Points=60
Profession=Electronics Engineer
ANZO Code=2334

1)Can anyone suggest me what is visa date of effect? on Immi website its saying its 26 July 2016 9.47 pm for 189 visa.
2) Can anyone advise me here that with single EOI can I express interest each for 189,190 and 489 visa. For my brother's EOI he expressed interest in single EOI for all three interests.
3)My brother applied for EOI in September 2015 with 55 points while after his experience change his points automatically elevated to 60 on 29th July 2016? will this date effect during invitation.
I eagerly waiting for the response.
It appears the cutoff in the last round was EOIs no later than July 26th at 9:47 pm. If your brother's EOI has a date of effect of July 29th, that's why he didn't receive an invitation yet. Hopefully he would receive an invitation during the next round on August 17th.

You can create separate EOIs or include several visas in a single EOI. The advantage of doing multiple EOIs is that you could receive more than one invitation (e.g. if you receive an invitation for a 489 invitation, you could later get an invitation for a 190 or 189 visa which would allow you to get a PR visa sooner).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.