Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My name is Vanessa. My partner and I have submitted the EOI, he is the main applicant as an engineering technologist. Right now he has 70 points for the subclass 189 (independent) but will lose 5 points by the end of December since he will become 33 years old.

We have applied for the state nomination in South Australia (subclass 489 with 80 points) but are not sure if he has to work in his field or in a related position if a provisional state nomination is granted by South Australia. As a master's degree is just too expensive for me, I was thinking in getting a trade as a chef and working part time, my partner should be able to work part time as well while waiting for an invitation. In two years after getting my trade I would add 5 points to our EOI if his skill (engineering technologist) has not been removed from the SOL by then.

I need your feedback guys if I am thinking right in getting a trade. We have spent already so much time and money in trying to migrate to Oz that I just do not want to give up so easily if we do not get invited by the end of June 2018. Any advice would be very helpful, thank you so much!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.