Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Really not sure what my status is. I’m pulling my hair out because I have made plans to return but I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Earlier in the year I was in the country on a visitor visa. I applied for an extension which was refused and my visa was also cancelled. Long story short, they did not believe I was a genuine visitor. Far from the truth, and it made me deeply concerned. I truly fell in love with the country, and want to return! So, I applied for a Merits Review. I was granted a BV and departed the country on it. My Merits Review has finally been heard, and a favorable decision has been made for the department to reconsider. I’ll find out in a few weeks, about the same time I would like to return for holiday.

I never received notice of a 3-year exclusion, but I did try to apply for another visitor visa and was told I could not apply online while a decision is under review. I applied for an ETA online and was instantly approved. So now I am wondering if my status has been ok all along.

I am planning to return for Christmas with my approved ETA, but am concerned if border control will flag me when I get to the gates. I am simply not sure what my status is, and the biggest fear would be a 3-year exclusion I never received notice of. Maybe I never received one because my case was under review? Would I have been granted an ETA if there were any issues with my profile?

Thanks for your comments. I will keep the thread updated.
-GG

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Don't rely on the ETA, I wouldn't be surprised to hear you got refused at landing.

Was there not a question that said "have you ever had a visa refused or cancelled"? How did you answer this?

$300 chat with an Mara agent is cheaper then $1500 in wasted airfares and 48 hours of your life gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.