Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just a quick question (that I think I know the answer to, but just in case)

I applied for my PMV in January, and submitted the last of the requested documents about 2 weeks ago. I'm not counting on a grant before my upcoming trip to Australia (May 18), although Ottawa has had a few recently, so fingers crossed. I have gotten a new ETA sorted, but if my PMV is granted before my trip that is what I will enter on, correct? (PMV/Parter Visas override ETAs?)

Also, how long before a trip do you guys typically inform immi? I don't have return flight to NZ booked, but obviously won't overstay my 3 month ETA.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
If the ETA is granted then the PMV is granted, I think that they can run concurrently (could be wrong) but if not the PMV would override the ETA as with most other visas.

I would be informing IMMI next week of your travel plans - it might prompt a grant??

The other thing to think about is the "Visa Quotas" reset on 1 July 2018 so if they don't have any visas left to issue now, they might be kind when you do a trip to NZ - so give them good warning on that also.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If the ETA is granted then the PMV is granted, I think that they can run concurrently (could be wrong) but if not the PMV would override the ETA as with most other visas.

I would be informing IMMI next week of your travel plans - it might prompt a grant??

The other thing to think about is the "Visa Quotas" reset on 1 July 2018 so if they don't have any visas left to issue now, they might be kind when you do a trip to NZ - so give them good warning on that also.
Thanks ampk. Yeah, I will probably write them this week before I start travelling around NZ.

Yeah, I know! I was a bit disappointed one of my police checks took so long because I think if I'd had both when initially requested I might have got my grant already. If it doesn't come now, fingers crossed for July!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I had an active ETA and when I got my 300 grant, the 300 was active when I reentered.

If you already have the flights booked, no reason not to update them now about your travel plans and how they can contact you while you're here (though they'll prob just use email, best to give them a phone number just in case).

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.