Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Has anyone got experience with applying this recently and can advise me how is the process like? I put my partner application online on 10 April and the status still remain "received". we need this to apply for passport to do an urgent travel in June. So im quite anxious on this and wanna know if anyone has experience and let me know how long it took for them to get their certificate and if the immigration officer have try to contact you for any necessary documents. we are located in perth at the moment.

Thank you and appreciate any help here!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I assume you are saying you did your partners citizenship application and are not talking about a partner visa.

If that is the case and you applied for his citizenship for him in April 2018 I would not be expecting citizenship this year. You still need to do the test and from what I have seen that is around 6 months after application and the entire processing is taking roughly 12 to 14 months from what I have seen.

If he needs to go overseas he will need to travel on his foreign passport and let immigration know (when you have applied for citizenship you need to let them know of any travel movements).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hes an australian.. seeking evidence of citizenship due to lost of certificate. Certificate needed for passport application. >.<

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
The last one I lodged took 2 days. Submitted on Thursday, finalised on Saturday:

Citizenship - Evidence
Finalised
Reference No
xxxxxxxxxxx
Type
Evidence of Australian citizenship
Last updated
14 Apr 2018
Date submitted
12 Apr 2018

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The last one I lodged took 2 days. Submitted on Thursday, finalised on Saturday:

Citizenship - Evidence
Finalised
Reference No
xxxxxxxxxxx
Type
Evidence of Australian citizenship
Last updated
14 Apr 2018
Date submitted
12 Apr 2018
Hi wrussell, i submitted mine on the 10 of April and still havent heard anything? Not sure whats the issue? Is the purpose of application lost of certificate? Im located in perth, and im wondering if its processed in sydney too?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you apply online and upload the required supporting documents?
yes all completed and applied online. can you help?
its an application for my partner and we needed it to apply for passport to travel in june. i kinda expect it to be finalize this or next week but seeing the number of people getting their application through within a few days kinda scares me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not as this stage.
It might be a good idea for you to follow up with a phone call in a week or so.
ok i will drop them a call prob next week. I did call in 10 days ago and they kept saying it will take 35 days, without going into details or asking TRN. I guess the information they provide is general rather than looking into ur profile. As i've been reading around most people received their application around 33-34 days. If my application has not been approve by now, i dont think i will get it by 35 days?

do you know if perth applicants are being processed in sydney too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

I applied evidence of citizenship for my son on 11 March'18 and the status on immi account is still showing as Received. Has anyone applied recently got the certificate. Its really frustrating :(

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.