Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got a request for more information regarding my husbands partner visa.

Currently we live in iraq as he is kurdish. Here only one name goes on bills by iraqi law. Our current apartment i've had our landlord write us a statement saying we both live together. How else can i fulfill this request?

I also got asked to upload colour copied passport photos (all) and i've already done that, they've also asked that of my husbands national ID card and certificate which we have also done! the scanner quality isnt going to get any better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unfortunately only one name per bill. We got a joint bank account and a letter from our landlord, anything else seems impossible.

But i dont even know why we were asked this, we're not a defacto couple, we're married. I find it quite unusual.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The evidence requirements are the same regardless of if you're married or de facto. Australia doesn't just hand people permanent residency for being married.
obviously, ive been in iraq for a god damn year and married for 3, i cant bring my husband even as a visitor to make life easier, instead i had to make my life much harder by living in this craphole. Cheers

my point is there was never information on "evidence of cohabitation" on my application or handbook.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
"You are the spouse of another person if you are in a marriage that is legally valid in Australia, and you live with the other person or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis."

Evidence of living together is pretty standard as the above is one of the most basic requirements of a partner visa, and goes for both de facto and married applicants. So it is not odd to be requested proof of cohabitation if enough wasn't supplied to satisfy the CO.

There are probably a lot more ways than you think you prove it. Your partner can't have been the first person to apply offshore from Iraq. If other people have been able to prove cohabitation, then you should be able to as well. If you can't find any ideas through your own searches, you may want to hire a professional RMA to help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"You are the spouse of another person if you are in a marriage that is legally valid in Australia, and you live with the other person or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis."

Evidence of living together is pretty standard as the above is one of the most basic requirements of a partner visa, and goes for both de facto and married applicants. So it is not odd to be requested proof of cohabitation if enough wasn't supplied to satisfy the CO.

There are probably a lot more ways than you think you prove it. Your partner can't have been the first person to apply offshore from Iraq. If other people have been able to prove cohabitation, then you should be able to as well. If you can't find any ideas through your own searches, you may want to hire a professional RMA to help.
Unfortunately cannot afford a RMA. Yes we aren't the first people either and we did supply all the documents we could think of to support that we live together. I dont know how others did it, someone supposedly did it on a prospective marriage visa recently and got it granted in six months. We hired a RMA before but she was full of BS so we got our money back. Even the electricity bill isnt even on our names, its on the landlords name. Water is free. Phones are all pre paid sim cards. Internet only one name allowed. Car rental, only one name allowed. The usual items and criteria to prove we are living together are not allowed or unavailable. The CO won't give us extra information either.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
The requirements for a PMV are different than de facto/spouse and there is no requirement of having ever lived together so proof of doing so is just extra evidence of the relationship.

You want to look for people who have done the 309/100 or even 820/801 for ideas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The requirements for a PMV are different than de facto/spouse and there is no requirement of having ever lived together so proof of doing so is just extra evidence of the relationship.

You want to look for people who have done the 309/100 or even 820/801 for ideas.
Exactly, its different, but thats the only story i have to go on other than other kurdish refugees. We're a bit alone in the dark here, hence why i came here asking for help :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
You don't have to look at just Iraqi applicants. People from all over thr world have come up with creative ways to prove they live together. Sometimes, they live with parents and have no bills or lease, yet they found ways.

I guarantee that there are some great answers already posted in this forum. It'll just take some effort in digging them up. Expand your search to 820/801 and 309/100 from any location.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Exactly, its different, but thats the only story i have to go on other than other kurdish refugees. We're a bit alone in the dark here, hence why i came here asking for help :)
Do you have any immigration or visa paperwork that includes an address? We have had similar problems (for different reasons) and found that immigration paperwork often provided proof of address. Otherwise, any bills that are in your name only but have the same address as bills that are in your partner's name only. Or boarding passes/flight tickets/immigration stamps etc might at least show you in country?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have any immigration or visa paperwork that includes an address? We have had similar problems (for different reasons) and found that immigration paperwork often provided proof of address. Otherwise, any bills that are in your name only but have the same address as bills that are in your partner's name only. Or boarding passes/flight tickets/immigration stamps etc might at least show you in country?
I've shown them my foreign residency card here in Kurdistan, my entry stamp into kurdistan. my husbands partner visa contact info is to our address, i have my address as the same as well, the landlord also verified that and stamped it. We dont have many paper bills, literally like two! internet is in my name, a car rental and the apartment is in his name. Other than we have a joint bank account that was certified by the trade bank of iraq.

We are going to the "duke" he'll just write a statement that we live together etc, he had to sign off our stuff before we moved in anyway. Everything is on paper and with the secret police (asayish) so even if we wanted them to provide information that we lived together at such n such address than and when and etc, it will be near impossible. Mostly because they do not provide it, and then different asayish offices are not in direct contact and some pass on my file while others copy it so its just a huge mess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.