Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to read this!

My partner and I are in the very early days of organising a PMV visa for him to come to Australia.

I have a list of things for 'evidence of a relationship' but I just wonder if it's enough (or relevant--if there's unnecessary stuff I would like to know what to cull!)

Here is what I've thought of so far/what I have or know I can provide:

- stat decs from me, him, my parents, his parents, his sisters, at least 7 mutual friends, several of my friends, several of his friends

- Emails and chat logs together dating back from the beginning of our relationship. We have these though they're sporadic since we have lived together in the same city since we met. There was no long term long distance so no lengthy chatlogs or Skype.

-Skype screenshots from conversations we had while I was away visiting family (plus Facebook chat log from this time)

- Facebook official relationship (seems silly-never thought I'd actually value the relationship status thing on facebook haha!) but it does show that we made it public and have had multiple friends like and comment on it.

- Photos. We don't have as many as I thought but we have a few together over different times (you can see how my hair has grown, haha!) and we have some with his family for a cousin's birthday and a friend's new baby (group photos). Most of our photos were just us at home having fun or being silly, they don't so much as show a significant event or identifiable backdrop of significance.

- chat logs with my friends and family (Viber/Whatsapp) discussing when I met him and discussing with them the progress of our relationship in the early days (when I met him, our first dates together etc)

Is there more I can get to provide evidence of a relationship? Is this looking good or is it still too little? We have only recently become engaged so I'm hoping we will receive cards or messages or congratulations once we spread the word properly. Do these help too?

thanks so much everyone!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Do you have any joint financial stuff? Buying presents, gift cards, joint travel, transfers between your accounts, wills, beneficiaries on each other's super, listed as emergency contact? The requirements for PMV aren't as strict as for de facto but it can't hurt to include this 'unromantic' stuff if you have it!

The engagement stuff will also be useful!

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi Emivovo,

Don't forget, there are 4 categories of evidence that you need to provide. You have your relationship statements where I'm sure you have explained the financial, social etc aspects but you need to reflect this with paper evidence as well.

As GBP asked, do you have a notice of your intent to marry? Where are your bank statements or receipts to show joint finances? Have you applied for loans together? Have you bought furniture, appliances and other homewares together? Did you but each other gifts or travel together?

Your evidence seems to only be concentrating on the social part of the relationship which is not enough to show DIAC that you are in a devoted, genuine and ongoing relationship.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi Emivovo,

Don't forget, there are 4 categories of evidence that you need to provide. You have your relationship statements where I'm sure you have explained the financial, social etc aspects but you need to reflect this with paper evidence as well.

As GBP asked, do you have a notice of your intent to marry? Where are your bank statements or receipts to show joint finances? Have you applied for loans together? Have you bought furniture, appliances and other homewares together? Did you but each other gifts or travel together?

Your evidence seems to only be concentrating on the social part of the relationship which is not enough to show DIAC that you are in a devoted, genuine and ongoing relationship.
PMV requires less evidence. Proving both applicant and the sponsor have met in person would be sufficient. However, it is no harm to provide more evidence.

-Edited-

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Well, I wouldn't say you JUST need to provide you've met in person. You DO have to prove you're a genuine couple! But you definitely don't need a lot of financial/household combination evidence like you do for a spouse/defacto visa. (At least, usually! One PMV applicant on this forum WAS asked for that sort of info from their CO - but that's the first time I've seen that happen!)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I've got plans in motion for a NOIM (family friend is a celebrant in Aus) so that box is ticked.

For the financial side of things I can't provide so much. We have been living together but I just give him my half and he pays it. We didn't bother making a joint account since he hands it directly in cash to the landlord living at the bottom. We did also buy a bed together but it was from a cheap factory seconds store and we got it super cheap cos we paid in cash. Again, no receipt because back then we didn't realise it could be so valuable now!

The only things I can really think I could provide as a back up for the financial side would be:

--a copy of the receipt (and emails we sent to organise) for a Western Union transfer I sent for my half of the rent while I was away from Istanbul visiting family. Would they accept this? I guess the emails to organise this transaction prove we have financial stakes (even if only small) and both contribute to the rent. And the Western Union receipt shows I actually sent the money. Yay or Nay?

--a stat dec from our landlord saying that he can attest that we both share the rent and pay him together? He has seen us 'pool' our money together before we give it to him and I am usually present when my partner hands over the money. Yay or Nay?

Other than that I don't really know. Turkey isn't so good with giving receipts so any previous gifts won't have a receipt (or be worth much anyway-we don't have a lot of cash). Receipt monitoring will be on an alltime high from now until application submission though!

Thanks again all!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yes, definitely provide both of those things! It's better than nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.