Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'd like some advice please. I'm (aged 30) travelling to Australia from the UK for 3-months for a research collaboration. I will therefore still be paid by my university in the UK, I'll just be conducting some research in Australia. I've received conflicting advice regarding the Visa required with one person suggesting an eVisitor 651 would be sufficient while somebody else told me I would need a Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408). Can anybody tell me what the key distinction between these two Visa's are, please?

My partner, who is 26 years intends to come with me for the 3-months and is hoping to get some short-term work in a restaurant. In this instance would she be best off just getting a working holiday visa?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Yes, you will need a Temporary Activity Visa (408). The 408 allows you to work, while the electronic visa does not allow you to work. It does allow you to undertake business activities such as meetings. Whether you are paid in Australia or offshore doesn't matter.

If you part wishes to work in Australia then she should apply for a working holiday visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.