Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I am an Australian citizen and my friend is from Lithuania and her eVisitor visa was rejected because "clause 651.212 in Schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations was not satisfied.". Basically they said they are not sure she is planning to go back or is able to support herself during her stay even though I gave her an invitation letter stating I would provide accommodation and financial support during her stay (right now I am not so sure if that letter actually was helpful or hurt her case!).

I talked to few agents on the phone and one of them mentioned that it was possible for me to put some money into an account as a guarantee that she will leave. I just wanna know if anybody has tried this and if it has been successful. I really don't mind to do it since she has absolutely no plan to stay longer than her trip but I wanna see if anybody else has had a successful application this way before paying a lot of money to the agent.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
I talked to few agents on the phone and one of them mentioned that it was possible for me to put some money into an account as a guarantee that she will leave.
I have heard this story a few times before, but never come across it myself and I have lodged plenty of tourist visa applications. I know there is an option where DIBP can request a bond payment under certain circumstances (usually involving family members). I have never heard that the applicant (or a sponsor) can instigate this themselves.Addressing Temporary Visitor requirements can be tricky, as case officers can invoke that clause for just about any reason at all. Maybe other agents on this forum can shine more light on this. As far as I understand it requesting a bond payment for a standard tourist visa application is at the discretion of the case officer and is rarely used.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I talked to few agents on the phone and one of them mentioned that it was possible for me to put some money into an account as a guarantee that she will leave

That is certainly not possible.

I wanna see if anybody else has had a successful application this way
I have 'turned around' a refused DIY application similar to the one you described.
Without knowing all the particulars of your case it is not possible to offer a considered professional opinion about your prospects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.