Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I was wondering if someone can help me. My boyfriend is wanting to get a working holiday visa for OZ but has been kicked out the british army. Will that go against him at all? He did not break the law.
Also if he gets a working holiday visa and wants to stay is it possible for him to later apply for a spouse visa whilst in Australia?
We would apply for that straight away but as he was in the army we have not been living together.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I wouldn't see being discharged as a reason itself for a WHV to be refused if he did not do anything criminal and it does take a fairly serious criminal event to have a visa of any sort refused, something that would mean a 12 months or more prison sentence - details if you follow links under Character test in eligibility section of any visas on Department of Immigration & Citizenship

Re the spouse visa, there are relationship requirements that need to be met, a living together for 12 months being a basic requirement - again check out details under eligibilty for visas under migration > family.

If he is young enough and wants extra time in Australia he ought to have a look at doing 3 months of 'specific' work to be eligible for a second 12 months WHV.

I'll move the thread to the visas and immigration section where there're a heap of posts re partner visas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.