Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hii all
i am just waiting for the skill assesment from engineers australia, then i will apply for state nomination of south australia.as i see their requirements, i also got confused wen i see the Financial Capacity form..so plz anybody who knows whats the minimum amount we must show to qualify for state nomination of south australia.
and plz tell me one thing more that is it true that they will take one month process time for state nomination or it take more time than that for visa 176 permanent residence????
have some body got state nomination from south australia within one month or not ????

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hii all
i am just waiting for the skill assesment from engineers australia, then i will apply for state nomination of south australia.as i see their requirements, i also got confused wen i see the Financial Capacity form..so plz anybody who knows whats the minimum amount we must show to qualify for state nomination of south australia.
and plz tell me one thing more that is it true that they will take one month process time for state nomination or it take more time than that for visa 176 permanent residence????
have some body got state nomination from south australia within one month or not ????
Haven't checked the SA nomination form but financial requirements are more based on an applicant having researched what costs there'll be in moving and then perhaps not being able to get work too readily, say an allowance of being without employment for say six months and having a plan of what next!
So that is another aspect you'll need to consider for SA is a much quieter state as far as employment opportunities generally and you ought to research your prospects somewhat.

One month for a nomination to be processed seems a bit quick compared to what other states are taking and the SA web site may give an indication.
I'd not be surprised if something more like 3+ months could be expected.

Your visa application itself could then take a year or more.

Changes recently announced and still to be introduced may mean you'll want to keep open to the State Management Plans concept re getting a higher priority.
Details on a sticky link at top of the section.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't checked the SA nomination form but financial requirements are more based on an applicant having researched what costs there'll be in moving and then perhaps not being able to get work too readily, say an allowance of being without employment for say six months and having a plan of what next!
So that is another aspect you'll need to consider for SA is a much quieter state as far as employment opportunities generally and you ought to research your prospects somewhat.

One month for a nomination to be processed seems a bit quick compared to what other states are taking and the SA web site may give an indication.
I'd not be surprised if something more like 3+ months could be expected.

Your visa application itself could then take a year or more.

Changes recently announced and still to be introduced may mean you'll want to keep open to the State Management Plans concept re getting a higher priority.
Details on a sticky link at top of the section.
hi Wanderer
thanks alot for such an informative and detailed information.i appreciate your response..
there is one thing more, my uncle is an australian citizen and he is willing to sponsor me so do you give me advice that i will go to relative sponsor option as compared to state nomination bcz state nomination might take 3 months to nominate and i am trying my level best to apply before 1st july 2010 bcz of unclear and unknown changes might affect it regarding relative priorities...so which option should you suggest me to make.??? i have done B.Sc Chemical Engineering and now applied for skill assesment hopefully got positive result in next 2 weeks time.
Khurram

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
hi Wanderer
thanks alot for such an informative and detailed information.i appreciate your response..
there is one thing more, my uncle is an australian citizen and he is willing to sponsor me so do you give me advice that i will go to relative sponsor option as compared to state nomination bcz state nomination might take 3 months to nominate and i am trying my level best to apply before 1st july 2010 bcz of unclear and unknown changes might affect it regarding relative priorities...so which option should you suggest me to make.??? i have done B.Sc Chemical Engineering and now applied for skill assesment hopefully got positive result in next 2 weeks time.
Khurram
A relative sponsorship will also mean you apply for a 176 visa but it'll have less priority than with a state sponsorship.
With engineering qualifications assessed, I'd not be too concerned about changes being introduced for whereas in the past a professional person could get the higher 175 points through MODL and being on the CSL, the new reulations are being developed with State Migration Plans which I expect will provide a means of sufficient points to be obtained and offer priority at level 2, same as a former CSL occupation with state nomination and there is likely to be a transitional arrangement.

I have also read of Victorian state nominations being processed reasonably pronptly if you still want to follow that route.

If you get family sponsorship, you may find it'll mean quicker processing to consider a SMP application when they're introduced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A relative sponsorship will also mean you apply for a 176 visa but it'll have less priority than with a state sponsorship.
With engineering qualifications assessed, I'd not be too concerned about changes being introduced for whereas in the past a professional person could get the higher 175 points through MODL and being on the CSL, the new reulations are being developed with State Migration Plans which I expect will provide a means of sufficient points to be obtained and offer priority at level 2, same as a former CSL occupation with state nomination and there is likely to be a transitional arrangement.

I have also read of Victorian state nominations being processed reasonably pronptly if you still want to follow that route.

If you get family sponsorship, you may find it'll mean quicker processing to consider a SMP application when they're introduced.
Hi
i understood what you mention so it means just the priority difference being there for state and relative nomination these days as both falls in 176 category.
Actually my skill shortge is just in the list of south australia and western australia states but not in victorian state.
If i apply befor 1st juy as a relative sponser, would it affect the present priority positions or the priority list introduced on 08 feb 2010 will be the same after 1st july changes will implement ?whats your opinion on that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.