Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys please I'm new on this forum and I plan to visit Australia, im applying for tourist Visa 600, can someone give me some clue about what to write regarding this question below?.

Exceptional reasons for extended stay in Australia as a Visitor (beyond 12 months)

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Hello guys please I'm new on this forum and I plan to visit Australia, im applying for tourist Visa 600, can someone give me some clue about what to write regarding this question below?.

Exceptional reasons for extended stay in Australia as a Visitor (beyond 12 months)
What are your actual reasons?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

What are your actual reasons?
My reason was I only plan to stay for 2 weeks as tourist visa 600 but i'm applying for 6 months stay but the thing is I will revisit again in the next 2 months but I don't know what to write about Exceptional reason for extended stay in Australia as a visitor beyond 12 months, please how do I put this in writhing as a proof of evidence?

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
An exceptional reason would be if you were seriously ill in hospital or had a family member who was seriously ill.

From your post it seems you don’t actually want to stay more than 12 months in Australia, so you can just apply for a standard 12 month multiple entry visa with maximum 3 months stays.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An exceptional reason would be if you were seriously ill in hospital or had a family member who was seriously ill.

From your post it seems you don't actually want to stay more than 12 months in Australia, so you can just apply for a standard 12 month multiple entry visa with maximum 3 months stays
Okay but is there any need to state exceptional reason as an evidence to proof?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

From your post it seems you don't actually want to stay more than 12 months in Australia, so you can just apply for a standard 12 month multiple entry visa with maximum 3 months stays
Okay but is there any need to state exceptional reason as an evidence to proof?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

From your post it seems you don't actually want to stay more than 12 months in Australia, so you can just apply for a standard 12 month multiple entry visa with maximum 3 months stays.
I would like to apply for one year but I don't know if they will grant me that because I don't want to give them a reason to think I want to stay longer and that might course them to deny me the visa.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
What country are you from? That can sometimes influence a visa grant.

Are you planning a few specific trips? If so, you could put those estimated dates as a reason for a multiple stay visa.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What country are you from? That can sometimes influence a visa grant.

Are you planning a few specific trips? If so, you could put those estimated dates as a reason for a multiple stay visa.
I'm from Africa, Ghana.
Actually I plan for a long stay to Australia but there should be a limit of stay for me to state on the application so that can also influence them to give me maybe 12 months multiple entry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm from Africa, Ghana.
I do not like your chances of getting a visa unless you have extensive travel to countries with a similar standing to Australia, and solid reasons to return to your home country.
I have been to one country with my passport which is Liberia but I work in a company and I have my payslip and my bank statement about $8000and also I have all the necessary document to back it up

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I have been to one country with my passport which is Liberia but I work in a company and I have my payslip and my bank statement about $8000and also I have all the necessary document to back it up
$8,000 might cover you for a few weeks on holiday, but you are talking about 12 months now.

They would be interested in knowing how you would support yourself during that time.

Even if you got a visa, you may be asked questions again on arrival, and visitor visas are often cancelled at the airport if the immigration staff have doubts about your financial ability.

You have said "I only plan to stay for 2 weeks as tourist visa 600" and "Actually I plan for a long stay to Australia". That is confusing.

Do you have some work in Australia to help pay your long stay?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$8,000 might cover you for a few weeks on holiday, but you are talking about 12 months now.

They would be interested in knowing how you would support yourself during that time.

Even if you got a visa, you may be asked questions again on arrival, and visitor visas are often cancelled at the airport if the immigration staff have doubts about your financial ability.

You have said "I only plan to stay for 2 weeks as tourist visa 600" and "Actually I plan for a long stay to Australia". That is confusing.

Do you have some work in Australia to help pay your long stay?
But I only intend to stay short time like 2 months and revisit again in another 2 months, I work here in Ghana.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
But I only intend to stay short time like 2 months and revisit again in another 2 months, I work here in Ghana.
That is what needs to be explained fully, and to the satisfaction of the officer who will decide on the grant.

If you confuse the issue, you are looking at a rejection.

Some visitor visa applicants are advised to use a MARA agent, to improve their chances of a grant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is what needs to be explained fully, and to the satisfaction of the officer who will decide on the grant.

If you confuse the issue, you are looking at a rejection.

Some visitor visa applicants are advised to use a MARA agent, to improve their chances of a grant.
Please 🙏 I would like your advise on me, can I contact you through email?

·
Registered
7,094 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

From your post it seems you don't actually want to stay more than 12 months in Australia, so you can just apply for a standard 12 month multiple entry visa with maximum 3 months stays.
Thank you so much for your reply, yeah but I would really like to stay more than 12 months but I don't know if I will be denied, please what do I have to do on this case?

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply, yeah but I would really like to stay more than 12 months but I don't know if I will be denied, please what do I have to do on this case?
Normally you cannot stay more than 12 months in one go, but you may be able to make multiple shorter visits up to 3 or 6 months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Normally cannot stay more than 12 months in one go, but you can make multiple shorter visits up to 3 or 6 months.
Thanks again, please should I ignore the Exceptional reason to extended stay in Australia? Because I don't know what to say over there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts