Australia Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
This applicant had $50,000 (USD) in the bank and requested a 3 month visa. ( edit)Sorry I think it was $20K USD not $50K

Australian Embassy, Moscow
OFFICE: Immigration & Visa Section 10A/2 Podkolokolny Per Moscow 109028
POSTAL: Podkolokolny Pereulok 10A/2 Moscow 109028
PHONE: 495 956 6070 EMAIL: [email protected] WEBSITE: www.immi.gov.au, www.russia.embassy.gov.au
DECISION RECORD
Application details
Visa Class Visitor (class FA) Visitor (Tourist) (subclass
600)
Stream (main applicant only) Tourist
Date of Visa Application 2013
Transaction Reference Number (TRN) EGO44xxxxx
Application ID 1900xxxxxx
File Number BCC2013/1xxxxxx
Visa Application Charge Receipt Number 328615xxxxxx
Client Name xxx Alexa xxx
Date of Birth xx December 19xx
Client ID 986212xxxxx
Visa Subclass Stream Tourist
Information and evidence considered
I am a delegated decision maker under section 65 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act). In
reaching my decision, I have considered the following:

Relevant legislation contained in the Act and Migration Regulations 1994 (the
Regulations)

Information contained in the department's policy guidelines Procedures Advice Manual
3;
The applicant genuinely intends to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose for which the
visa is granted, having regard to:
(a) whether the applicant has complied substantially with the conditions to which the last
substantive visa, or any subsequent bridging visa, held by the applicant was subject; and
(b) whether the applicant intends to comply with the conditions to which the Subclass 600
visa would be subject; and
(c) any other relevant matter.

You applied for a Visitor (Tourist stream) Subclass 600 visa on xx October 20xx in order to
visit Australia for tourism and visit friends.
After considering the information you have provided as evidence of your purpose in visiting
Australia, I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to visit Australia temporarily.
You were recently refused a visa in the same category as this application on xx September
20xx. I have considered this application on its merits and examined the documents you have
submitted. I have also referred to the previous application. You have failed to submit any new
evidence to show that the doubts about your circumstances and intentions are not justified.

In assessing whether or not you intend a genuine visit I have taken into account the
information provided in the application relating to your employment, school-aged children's
arrangements, personal circumstances, previous international travel, commitments, incentive
to return home, and financial situation.
I find from the application that you have failed to adequately demonstrate strong employment,
and other commitments in Ukraine that may support the likelihood of your compliance with
the conditions attached to the visa and your return to Ukraine at the end of your proposed stay
in Australia.

I have noted that you have claimed to be employed as a laboratory assistant for the last 7
years and you indicated your monthly remuneration equalling to AUD xxx. While your
employment claims are not doubted, I have concerns that your employment may not provide
sufficient incentive to induce you to return to Ukraine within the validity of your visa. I have
also noted that there is no specification in your work certificate about the amount of leave you
have been entitled to.

I note that Vxxx xxxx and Oxxx xxx have claimed to be secondary
school students and are going to be interrupting their studies to travel to Australia for tourism.
Given that you are requesting such a long period of stay in Australia, I consider they are not
intending to go back to them in Ukraine. I have noted that no evidence has been provided
that xxxx and xxxx have approved leave from your studies to go to Australia for
tourism.

In making this decision, I have taken into account your limited previous international travel.
While I have given consideration to your purpose of visit and your proposed length of stay
- 3 months - I find that your proposed travel is inconsistent with your limited previous
international travel and your personal circumstances. Where previous international travel
exists it is considered positively as indicating an intention to comply with the conditions
to which the Subclass 600 visa would be subject. Previous compliant international travel,
especially to countries exhibiting similar economic or social characteristic to Australia,
indicates to a decision maker a higher likelihood that an applicant will also comply with
Australia's visa conditions. This factor is considered against all other evidence in the
application in assessing the applicant's intention to return to their home country and is not
considered in isolation.

Having taken all relevant aspects of your application into account, I am not satisfied that you
genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose for which the visa is granted.
You have therefore failed to satisfy Regulation 600.211.

Please note that I have carefully considered the representations of your inviter. However,
they do not go to the issue of whether you meet the criteria for the grant of this visa subclass.
Accordingly, your inviter's support has not been sufficient in overcoming my concerns.
Accompanying dependent family members Oxxx xxxx (xx/xx/2002) and Vxxx
xxxx (xx/xx/2001).

As it is indicated in the application that the dependent children intend to accompany Ms
Vxxxx xxxx to Australia and this person was refused the grant of their visa for the
reasons outlined above, I am not satisfied that Oxxxx xxxx and Vxxxx xxxx
Independently meet the criteria for this visa.

Decision:-

As you do not meet one or more clauses in Schedule 2 of the Regulations, I find that you do
not meet the criteria for the grant of a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa.
Therefore, I refuse your application for a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa
lodged at Moscow.

Position Number: 60021017
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
21 October 2013

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
Why do you want to stay more than 12 months? Why complicate things. I am pretty sure it won’t be granted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Please do I need to include health examination on my document as I apply for visitor visa 600?
Only if they ask for one.
Most people do not get asked, but some countries might have different rules applied.

·
Premium Member
6,620 Posts
r

Please what do you think I should do?
Just apply for a standard 3 month visitor visa and take it from there. Apply for a multiple entry one if you plan to visit several times. If you can't figure it out, get a registered migration agent to do it for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
r

Just apply for a standard 3 month visitor visa and take it from there. Apply for a multiple entry one if you plan to visit
several times. If you can't figure it out, get a registered migration agent to do it for you.
Please could you help me with letter head of Australia address for the purpose of employment letter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
r

Just apply for a standard 3 month visitor visa and take it from there. Apply for a multiple entry one if you plan to visit several times. If you can't figure it out, get a registered migration agent to do it for you.
Please as a Ghanaian, do I need to address my employment letter to Kenya as they are processing Ghana Visa or I should use Australia main address?

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
You would be best to have a Registered Migration Agent do your application - your chance of a approval would be better than if you try yourself.

There are a number of things that need addressing extremely well for High Risk countries.

You do not seem to have a solid plan and that brings doubt to the Genuine Visitor criteria.

Some people will never get a visa to visit Australia, it can be very hard to meet what the require/desire in an application. A refusal while not always terminal stays with you for life and as you can see in my post above was incorrectly used to refuse the subsequent application.

This sent to me from my RMA (Mark N)

I’m very sorry to report to you that DIBP has refused the visitor visa application – the attached just arrived.

My impression after reading the decision record is that their minds were already made up based on the recent refusal, and that they went hunting for any possible ways that they could defend what amounts to a pre-ordained decision. Their statement that “You have failed to submit any new evidence to show that the doubts about your circumstances and intentions are not justified.” is very telling in this regard, and utterly false since we certainly submitted substantial new evidence – from what I can see they’re basically lumping this with the previous refusal and then coming up with reasons to justify their decision and ignoring all the positive aspects of her application and the positive aspects of your invitation and support. I have to wonder whether they even took this application seriously, given how fast the turnaround was and the fact that they seem to justify their entire premise for refusal on aspects of the previous application.

They make absolutely no reference to any of the statements included, and absurdly claim that she has not demonstrated “strong employment” when we sent proof of a long-term job (which they acknowledged, but added the “claimed to be” phrase yet again) at a well-regarded institution, among other things.

The decision record is riddled with “claim to…” which infers an unproven claim, which is outrageous – “claim to be secondary school students”? This is a guilty-until-proven-innocent attitude where doubt is constantly injected into statements even in the face of incontrovertible, official, certified evidence. They also appear to be holding her limited previous international travel against her, rather than giving her credit for it.

Again, I’m sorry to have to deliver this bad news. I don’t know of anything you or I could have done differently or better with this application and we both gave this everything we had. Given the attitude they have taken towards Vxxx and her children, basically of a “guilty until proven innocent” attitude regarding her intentions to temporarily visit Australia, convicted essentially on what she might do while here, while ignoring overwhelming evidence that supports her and your position. It’s times like this that really get me angry about the “system” and blatantly unfair and wrong decisions like this one.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist going forward. If you are considering a fiancé or partner visa, I would suggest a very careful approach as, based on this letter, their attitude towards Vxxx’s claims is one of doubt and concern – that may very well carry over to other Australian visa application she may make. The best way to combat this generally is to spend as much time together with her as possible, whether it’s in her home country or elsewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
r

Just apply for a standard 3 month visitor visa and take it from there. Apply for a multiple entry one if you plan to visit
several times. If you can't figure it out, get a registered migration agent to do it for you.
Hello please do I need to attached every pages of my passport? I need I need advise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Health Examination

Hi guys, I lodged my visa subclass 600 application today and I just checked on my immiaccount and I saw this message but though I was also asked to arrange for biometrics but then what does this below message signifies?

Health has been finalised for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the department. If this person needs to do anything further to meet the health requirement, they will be contacted by the department. There is no need to contact the department at this time concerning this matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This applicant had $50,000 (USD) in the bank and requested a 3 month visa. ( edit)Sorry I think it was $20K USD not $50K

OFFICE: Immigration & Visa Section 10A/2 Podkolokolny Per Moscow 109028
POSTAL: Podkolokolny Pereulok 10A/2 Moscow 109028
PHONE: 495 956 6070 EMAIL: [email protected] WEBSITE: www.immi.gov.au, www.russia.embassy.gov.au
DECISION RECORD
Application details
Visa Class Visitor (class FA) Visitor (Tourist) (subclass
600)
Stream (main applicant only) Tourist
Date of Visa Application 2013
Transaction Reference Number (TRN) EGO44xxxxx
Application ID 1900xxxxxx
File Number BCC2013/1xxxxxx
Visa Application Charge Receipt Number 328615xxxxxx
Client Name xxx Alexa xxx
Date of Birth xx December 19xx
Client ID 986212xxxxx
Visa Subclass Stream Tourist
Information and evidence considered
I am a delegated decision maker under section 65 of the Migration Act 1958 (the Act). In
reaching my decision, I have considered the following:

Relevant legislation contained in the Act and Migration Regulations 1994 (the
Regulations)

Information contained in the department's policy guidelines Procedures Advice Manual
3;
The applicant genuinely intends to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose for which the
visa is granted, having regard to:
(a) whether the applicant has complied substantially with the conditions to which the last
substantive visa, or any subsequent bridging visa, held by the applicant was subject; and
(b) whether the applicant intends to comply with the conditions to which the Subclass 600
visa would be subject; and
(c) any other relevant matter.

You applied for a Visitor (Tourist stream) Subclass 600 visa on xx October 20xx in order to
visit Australia for tourism and visit friends.
After considering the information you have provided as evidence of your purpose in visiting
Australia, I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to visit Australia temporarily.
You were recently refused a visa in the same category as this application on xx September
20xx. I have considered this application on its merits and examined the documents you have
submitted. I have also referred to the previous application. You have failed to submit any new
evidence to show that the doubts about your circumstances and intentions are not justified.

In assessing whether or not you intend a genuine visit I have taken into account the
information provided in the application relating to your employment, school-aged children's
arrangements, personal circumstances, previous international travel, commitments, incentive
to return home, and financial situation.
I find from the application that you have failed to adequately demonstrate strong employment,
and other commitments in Ukraine that may support the likelihood of your compliance with
the conditions attached to the visa and your return to Ukraine at the end of your proposed stay
in Australia.

I have noted that you have claimed to be employed as a laboratory assistant for the last 7
years and you indicated your monthly remuneration equalling to AUD xxx. While your
employment claims are not doubted, I have concerns that your employment may not provide
sufficient incentive to induce you to return to Ukraine within the validity of your visa. I have
also noted that there is no specification in your work certificate about the amount of leave you
have been entitled to.

I note that Vxxx xxxx and Oxxx xxx have claimed to be secondary
school students and are going to be interrupting their studies to travel to Australia for tourism.
Given that you are requesting such a long period of stay in Australia, I consider they are not
intending to go back to them in Ukraine. I have noted that no evidence has been provided
that xxxx and xxxx have approved leave from your studies to go to Australia for
tourism.

In making this decision, I have taken into account your limited previous international travel.
While I have given consideration to your purpose of visit and your proposed length of stay
- 3 months - I find that your proposed travel is inconsistent with your limited previous
international travel and your personal circumstances. Where previous international travel
exists it is considered positively as indicating an intention to comply with the conditions
to which the Subclass 600 visa would be subject. Previous compliant international travel,
especially to countries exhibiting similar economic or social characteristic to Australia,
indicates to a decision maker a higher likelihood that an applicant will also comply with
Australia's visa conditions. This factor is considered against all other evidence in the
application in assessing the applicant's intention to return to their home country and is not
considered in isolation.

Having taken all relevant aspects of your application into account, I am not satisfied that you
genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose for which the visa is granted.
You have therefore failed to satisfy Regulation 600.211.

Please note that I have carefully considered the representations of your inviter. However,
they do not go to the issue of whether you meet the criteria for the grant of this visa subclass.
Accordingly, your inviter's support has not been sufficient in overcoming my concerns.
Accompanying dependent family members Oxxx xxxx (xx/xx/2002) and Vxxx
xxxx (xx/xx/2001).

As it is indicated in the application that the dependent children intend to accompany Ms
Vxxxx xxxx to Australia and this person was refused the grant of their visa for the
reasons outlined above, I am not satisfied that Oxxxx xxxx and Vxxxx xxxx
Independently meet the criteria for this visa.

Decision:-

As you do not meet one or more clauses in Schedule 2 of the Regulations, I find that you do
not meet the criteria for the grant of a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa.
Therefore, I refuse your application for a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa
lodged at Moscow.

Position Number: 60021017
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
21 October 2013
Please could you help me with letter head of Australia address for the purpose of employment letter.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts