Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

A good buddy and his wife are here on a 457 visa (she's here as his dependent) but are having significant relationship problems. They don't want to end the relationship, but both of them think living apart for a while to get some space is a good idea. However wife is terrified they'll deport her if they find out they aren't living together.

I found a lot of information about what happens if a relationship ends, but not much about what happens if they decide to stay together but not live in the same house (temporarily or permanently).

Theyr'e going to speak to their immigration lawyer this week, but in the meantime, can anyone link me to more information on this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your 'good buddy' should consult a registered migration agent.
Yep, he's off to see the agent that handles his visa next week.

I'm sure 'I swear, it's for a friend' is a common line, but in this case, it really is :/ English is their second language, so I was hoping there was some stuff they could read before the appointment.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Yep, he's off to see the agent that handles his visa next week.

I'm sure 'I swear, it's for a friend' is a common line, but in this case, it really is :/ English is their second language, so I was hoping there was some stuff they could read before the appointment.
In general, I don't see a "temporary separation" as a problem, however it would be foolish and reckless to post any advice on such a general question without knowing all the circumstances.

As a Registered Migration Agent, I dread people coming to a consultation armed with information received from online forums (and no disrespect to the excellent Australia Forum), blogs, FaceBook and Counsellor Google.

It can be very hard to dispel all the rumours, half-truths and plain incorrect "advice" people have picked up along the way. Not sure why people want to pay me to tell me how to do my job or to have an argument, because I do not agree with the results of their private research.

My advice would be for them to wait until their consultation and to go there with an open mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In general, I don't see a "temporary separation" as a problem, however it would be foolish and reckless to post any advice on such a genreal question without knowing all the circumstances.

As a Registered Migration Agent, I dread people coming to a consultation armed with information received from online forums (and no disrespect to the excellent Australia Forum), blogs, FaceBook and Counsellor Google.

It can be very hard to dispel all the rumours, half-truths and plain incorrect "advice" people have picked up along the way. Not sure why people want to pay me to tell me how to do my job or to have an argument, because I do not agree with the results of their private research.

My advice would be for them to wait until their consultation and to go there with an open mind.
That makes sense, thank you for your answer! I'll encourage them to do exactly that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.