Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I have a positive skills assessment from Engineers Australia dated 8 Nov. Based on this and my English test result, I lodged my EOI on 24 Nov. Now, I'm considering applying for Experience assessment from EA. This is an optional extra with EA and as far as I understand, DIBP anyway does their own investigation of all work experience, but favours EA's assessment advice.

QUESTION: Will the date of my skills assessment change to match the experience assessment outcome or will it stay 8 Nov. If it changes, there is risk that DIBP will say I lodged EOI before having positive skills assessment. I emailed EA with this question, but got no response as yet.

NOTE: The reason I want to add the experience assessment is to lessen my risk of losing $$$ for visa app - basically if EA does not award some of my work periods, I can change / withdraw my EOI (or get required docs / statutory declarations) before paying visa fees. And if EA does award all my experience, I may be able to claim 5 extra points, as I was conservative in my EOI.

Advice / experience of similar situation welcome. Thanks!
Karel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.