Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I m new here and want to ask a query. I want to ask that how many years of experience required for immigration to Australia as skilled independent.

Some agent told me 4 year and some agent also told me that 3 year is enough if it is in the same SOL.

I have done BS in Computer Science and currently i have 3 year of experience in IT field (Software engineer / computer programmer).

Do i eligible for immigration or i have to wait one more year ????

Any reponse is higly appreciable

Regards,

Junaid Hassan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I m new here and want to ask a query. I want to ask that how many years of experience required for immigration to Australia as skilled independent.

Some agent told me 4 year and some agent also told me that 3 year is enough if it is in the same SOL.

I have done BS in Computer Science and currently i have 3 year of experience in IT field (Software engineer / computer programmer).

Do i eligible for immigration or i have to wait one more year ????

Any reponse is higly appreciable

Regards,

Junaid Hassan
check this doc for ur clarification about the requirement for migration .

acs(dot)org(dot)au/assessment/docs/PIM_3_Issue1_01July2010_Rev01.pdf

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You need to get an assessment from the ACS and they will have their own requirements for years of experience depending on the IT content of your course.
Immigration eligibility is separate as far as experience goes and have a look at eligibility under the appropriate visa via Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration
A minimum of 12 months in last two years is a basic requirement and then for specific experience three years within past four can get you extra points.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Without doing a full evaluation, no agent would not if you even qualify for the skilled visa in the first place. That should be your first task if you intend on using an agent.

If you're just planning on doing it yourself, two things will happen

a) it's going to take a lot longer.
b) being that there is more involved in just having relevant experience, the likelihood that your application will be rejected is quite high compared to that of using an agent.

You can visit my website for ASC Migration and find out how you can register online for a full evaluation.

Shane K
ASC Migration

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.